How I Became a Pirate

Red Maria

There be a new book on pirates for the kiddies. It's callled "How I became a pirate" by Melinda Long and illutrated by David Shannon.Harcourt Press. It's the tale of Jeremy Jacob and how is kiddnaped by pirates and instructed in pirate talk and etiquette (there is none). He learns pirates don't have to eat spinich or carrots but there is "No Tucking in!" so here learns it best to be a little boy after all but still remains friends with the pirates. The illustrator is coming to the Huntington Library on Oct. 18 (Unfortuately he coul;d come on Oct. 8 when PRP will be there) :(

It's a delightful book and the illustration are great. In fact there are a couple of pirates that look like members of this fourm! :(

The head of of childrens and public program gave me a poster (to be sent to the little hurt pirate) and a button that say "Ask Me How I Became a Pirate" and a tatoo (also to our little pirate). I'm keeping the button! :)

So if you live in SoCal come to the lecture and get book signed. Maybe even in pirate garb!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Thanks for the heads up. i'll be getting it to add to the wee lad's libary.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."