Billy Bones and Other Ditties

It all depends on what yer lookin' for, mate. "Billy Bones and other ditties" is aptly named. It features the absolutely brilliant pirate song Billy Bones, and the rest are pretty much ditties - i.e. folksy and nautical, but pretty tame. If ditties are what you're looking for, this would be a great buy. I generally favor something with a wee bit more edge.

You can read my own thoughts on this and other pirate albums on the reviews section of Bilgemunky.com.

Best o' luck!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I'd suggest anything by Pint and Dale. Wonderful singers with great, gutsy music. www.pintndale.com. You can also hear some of their music at www.cdbaby.com/pintanddale

If it's chanteys you're looking for, you can try Broadside (available by emailing chrisroe@folkhosts.com) or Coventry (www.cdbaby.com/coventry), which features guest lead guitar by none other than Pyracy's own Nigel.

Rousing sea and pirate music all.

Fair winds,

Trapper

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone here in the SF Bay area who's heard Skip and the crew performing will tell ya that it's a mighty fine disc o' tunes!

And worth every dubloon :)

Definitely worth it. Skip is probably one of the best chanteymen out there, if you want authenticity. And it's obvious that he has a hell of a good time with his music.

Check him out here. On the left side of the page, click on the Watch the Video link under Skip Henderson and the Starboard Watch.

RHJMap.jpg