Unbelievable original weapons for sale

When I was in Brighton (UK), I stumbled upon the most unbelievable store. None of their stuff is cheap, but it is well worth seeing.

The Lanes Armoury in Brighton, England

It has to be the most awesome repository of ancient weapons ever! Swords! Katanas! Original antique Samurai armor! Thompson submachine gun!! Flintlocks of every desired model... Ancient Chinese repeating crossbow (Dear Santa...). And blunderbusses! Originals! These were not repros, and every stinkin' thing was for sale! ... But they were not cheap.

If you have the cash, you must check them out. Sadly, their website (I only surfed it for a few minutes) does not seem to hint at the sheer volume of antiques they have in on display available for sale.

If you have any plans to go to England (and if you are a Pirate), you cannot afford to miss this store, even if you cannot afford their merchandise.

If you live in England, what are you waiting for?

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Whenever I'm in Brighton I pop in there and salivate (I only live 30 mins away), but I'm gonna have to hold up a few more petrol stations before I can afford to shop there. I remember a couple of years back they had a 17th century stone bow which I gave serious thought to pawning all my possessions to buy.

Maybe I'll rob the place and flog the gear on ebay, but there's something not quite right about armed robbery in a gun shop...

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Ooooh... drool, slaver.

I particularly love the Remington revolvers, the French Naval flintlock, and the "Gentleman's flintlock" pistol.

...Drewwwl...

I have my eye on a particular flintlock replica. I wonder... is an ivory-handled flintlock even close to 'period' for a pirate? Who cares... it's a cool piece.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

::snarflechokewheeze::

Thousands of quid! Holy christ! I think some of their stuff is a weeeee bit overpriced there.

There is a shop in Ougunquit(sp?), Maine, that's 'supposedly' a smoke shop, however, the whole front room is filled with military stuff from the revolutionary war through to WWII.

They have some fabulous Admiral Hats that I've been coveting for the past year.

I'll try and find the name of the shop and post it for you.

Foxe, whereabouts do you live? My dad still lives near Reigate, and I was born in Epsom.

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

Maybe I'll rob the place and flog the gear on ebay, but there's something not quite right about armed robbery in a gun shop...

Thankee mate.

I now must clean off me screen . . .

:huh:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I'm in Portsmouth, born and bred here though I did spend 10 nomadic years before returning. What sort of Admirals' hats?

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I'm relying on you to drive the getaway rickshaw Cire... :rolleyes:

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...