Pirates in Port Angeles, WA June 17-19

The Northwest finally got it's own Pirate Faire after a false start last year.

The wonderful thing is it is held near the City pier and the Lady Washington, the Lynx and Bill of Rights will all be in attendance doing special battle sails.

http://www.portangelesfaire.org/03_sitefol...2005/index.html

we're all hopeful that us 18th C types will have an permanent annual faire now. Will let you know how it goes.

;)

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

'bout time me old homeland has a fitting pirate festival that has nothing to do with Seafair. Between Rusty Scupper Days and the Port Angeles faires, there's something to look forward to.

Perhaps next year I'll bring the crewe up on a junket to me old homeland... but we'll be doing that Jamaica history thing that's posted somewhere on this board...

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ahoy Hurricane:

Unfortunately Rusty Scupper's this weekend and conflicts with the Port Angeles Ren Faire. Many a pirate had to make a difficult choice.

B.O.O.M. will be sailing the Osprey up to do the Ren Faire.

Looking forward to switching from a cavalier to me cocked hat for Pirates of Port Angeles.

You oughta make a return visit to your old home in the Northwest, (you'd be most welcome- and we be sending some of our folk your way for that little party you hold in November). We be quite the capitol of pyracy lately...

Here we are in a cartoon that ran in the Arts and Entertainment section of the Oregonian Newspaper a couple of weeks ago...

CulturePulp 029, "Pirates Are the New Ninjas," :

Direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/76w38

Port Angeles Ren Faire Report:

Had fun at Port Angeles Ren Faire: took over the pub, kidnapped a princess,

threatened the queen, failed to pay Mad Morty's ransom (almost), cannon fire 2x's daily, scared adults and charmed children, teased the pickle wench, sang along with Heather, sang dirty songs at the pub (after dark) with Black Wolf and drank all his cherry and apple pie, laughed our weasley black guts out-- just the regular stuff.

Pirate Recon:

Before we left town on Sunday night, LogKeeper, Polly and I did site recon fer Pirates of Port Angeles next weekend...

Here's the highlights:

1. Pirate ship climb on play structure- whee!!! Aye, got to stand in the

bow, until small children came and ordered us to leave.

2. Look-out tower

3. Giant squid

4. beach by the pier to fire BOOM's cannon's from

5. Nice pier fer 3 pretty ships: The Lady, the Lynx and the Bill of Rights

6. The weirdly twisted and funny Tortuga Twins are coming all the way from

Florida

7. Heather Alexander and her band Uffington Horse are playin' Friday night at a ball at the Red Lion 7:00 pm/all ages $10.00

8. Red Lion Hotel is right on the beach by the pier and not significantly

more expensive than other hotels in town- but reserve through AAA fer best deal.

9. Did I mention the beach by the pier?

10. Ferdinando and Dreamie suggest camping at Lake Crescent (Crescent Lake?), Olympic National Park, 20 min. away

11. A side order of mashed potatoes at the Red Lion costs $4.00

12. Bogg and Salty are playin'

13. Nearby KOA Kampground has "Kamping Kabins"- double bed, bunk bed and a porch. Google Port Angeles KOA...

Hope to see ye Scallywags there....

• 2 weeks later...