Pirate Festival this weekend in WI

Bilgemunky

Dang... This be new ta me and I be livin here in Milwaukee most o me life and dina know bout this. If'n I did, I mayhaps would go ta it instead of the games. I ave the Scottish Highland Games this weekend in Milwaukee I be attendin. I am half Scottish after all. ;)

Now, what part o Milwaukee ya be from Bilgemunky?

Shoots anything that moves!!

Now, what part o Milwaukee ya be from Bilgemunky?

I'd tell ya, Hawks, but you Scots make me nervous - what with throwing those trees around and such :blink:

I live in Concordia - the historic district down near Marquette.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Geez, wish I would have known about it, might have been worth the drive. Though their schedule of events looks a bit lame. And their "Theives Market" is mostly dog grooming and massage therapy and the like - not too piratical. Maybe it wouldn't have been worth the drive after all.

:rolleyes:

Agreed -- their bill of fare leaves a lot to be desired... Had no firm plans this weekend, but it's still a bit of a hike for me.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I certainly understand how anyone that has to drive an hour or more would pass this one up. For me it's only about 30 minutes. I was there for the opening acts today, and what they lacked in numbers they made up for in enthusiasm. I plan to go again tomorrow in proper attire to help add what I can to the atmosphere. This is only their first year, and yeah, it's a bit lackluster. But I certainly applaud the effort, and with the right support, maybe next year can be better :rolleyes:

OK, that aside, I have to share this little gem. The schedule called for a pirate invasion at 3 pm. So at about 2:50 I look around and notice the schooner Denis Sullivan pulling in through the breakwaters (worked on her two summers ago - fine ship.) The crowd is all watching this proper wooden tallship pull in toward the dock, awaiting the pirates. Then we hear some loud "Args!" from behind us. We turn around and see the pirates pulling in alright - aboard a modern yacht!!! The Sullivan was there for a completely unrelated event entirely. Ouch!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Tis a serious pity!

Alas.. I'm not able to go! Having JUST found out about it. :wub:

Bad timing, mates.

:wub:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!