Save the Wawona sea chantey CD

Thanks to the dedicated musicians that have played on the Wawona over the years, we are proud to offer a CD of songs donated by these musicians for the purpose of continuing the restoration of the Schooner Wawona. As the songs, production and materials have been donated, ALL monies raised will go to the Wawona.

The musicians on this compilation include:

William Pint & Felicia Dale

The Cutters

The Rounders (Hank Cramer and Steve Guthe)

Broadside

Spinnaker

St. Elmo's Choir

Chris Roe

J.W. Sparrow

Tom Lewis

Coventry

The Toucan Pirates

Shifty Sailors

Steve Lalor

Victory Sings at Sea (featuring Bob Kotta)

Sanger & Didele

Dan Roberts

Dan Maher

This is a great CD for a great cause. We want to prove that we can save the Wawona one song at a time

Fair Winds,

Trapper

Captain of the Tinker's Damn

An excellent question, mon capitan!

We are hoping to have a lot of them (depending on how many my burner can turn out) ready by Folklife, and to have them for sale there. For anyone who can't get to Folklife, you may email me for more information at traepischke@gmail.com

Fair winds,

Trapper

Hi Trapper:

PM me the cost and the address and I'll alert the local crew how to order a CD.

I also emailed Ms. Winship, but have heard naught a word.

Most of the BOOMies have chimed in by now with their support for an event during Tall Ships Tacoma. Just let us know what ye need commandeered lass and we'll be there to help!

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

The fair Alice will probably get back t' ye after the weekend. It be Folklife, and we have our annual party at the Wawona she's prepping for. If any o' yer crewe be at the festival, the chantey concert will be grand and there's a singers' party Sunday night at McHugh's that's great fun.

I'll pm ye with the price and address t' send monies to.

I'd love t' do something during Tall Ships, but we needs someone what lives in Tacoma t' do most of the set up. I'm just too far away in Seattle to coordinate it.

Fair winds,

Trapper

Just wanted to mention that the new CD, "Save the Wawona, One Song at a Time" was a rousing success at Folklife. We sold all 51 that we'd made.

The CD will be available on CDBaby as soon as we can get it listed. In the meantime, if you just can't wait, please email walice1@qwest.net, and mention "Wawona CD" in the subject line. We'll make sure you get one asap.

Altogether, we made around $700 that will go straight to Wawona.

Trapper

As soon as it is, I'll let you know. I couldn't make them fast enough over the weekend. As soon as we turned around, we'd sold out again. I just want it to generate some decent income for Wawona. So far, so good.

Thanks so much for spreadin' the word, lass!

Fair winds,

Trapper

• 3 weeks later...