Pyrates of the West Coast

::Watching Le Requiem float solemly across the way from us, I can see several shadows dance about on the deck. Not being able to wholly grasp the situation or what danger we may be in, I feel we need to maintain vigilance in this strange air that has fallen upon us. Suddenly, it hits me,

"Mr. Ciaran, a word please . . ."

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(hearin' me name called, I see Mister PEW near the deck railin')

Aye, Sir? Ye called?

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

"Mr Ciaran, I'ave spoke wit the Cap'n and wit Mr. Lasseter. Both tell me ye aim be straight as a n'arrow. 'Ows about I get ye a boucanee and ye perch yerself in tha shrouds there. 'Tis night time, aye, but we need our best shot in tha riggin' should any undesirables try ta broach the Watch Dog 'ere . . . strange things afoot 'ere . . . .What ye say Mr. Ciaran?"

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

"What possessed William to storm Le Requiem? It is not a course of action that I would recomend. I am under the impression that he has gained favor with Capitaine Fournier, but I know that favor or not, Jean-Micheale can prove an unpredictable man at times."

The glass was retrieved, the tot finished off and she shook her head in mild disbelief.

::Dorian Shrugged his shoulders at her query...::

My only guess is what I would do in th' situation... We done give a berth, food, n' comradeship ta them lads, an' th' one takes 'r kindness an' leverages it for betrayal... Had this been discover'd with th' lad aboard 'r ship, here.... I'd a soiled m'blade 'r shot 'im... A bit harsh, mebee... but...

::He sighed in exasperation, not knowing the words to continue... He removed his hat and ran his hand through his hair, stopping at the hairtie at the base of his neck... He fingered the silver decoration of knotwork for an instant, then dropped his hand to his leg...::

William does wot he sees fit... an' I back 'im up on it... Mayhaps he'll return wi' th' leech in tow ta be dealt wi' on our terms... Fournier's taken quite a shine ta Will... ne'er know wot might be...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Aye, Sir, tis a very strange night fer sure. It be accurate to say, I suppose, that me aim be true, as I rarely miss me target. I'd be most obliged to hide in the riggin' with the pistol I won durin' the auction...the gun belongin' to the late Monsignor Diego.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

"Aye Mr. Ciaran. 'Tis not yer aim I be amiss about, but tha range o' yer pistol there sah." I put my hand on Mr. Ciaran's shoulder, "Lemme get ye a proper rifle. That shot mebbe havta be a cable length 'r two . . ."

::The QuarterMaster and Surgeon sat in silence for a short time... Each intent on their own thoughts. Mr. Lasseter suddenly remembered what he was about to do when Tempest had re-entered the Surgery...::

Oh... I beg yer pardon... I was about ta got th' hat Armand lent me an' return it afore he must be off... I'll go get it an' be back momentarily...::

::He smiled and winked at her, then opened the door to the passageway and stepped out, took several quick paces to his quarters and entered. he removed the Grande Chapeau that was lent, looked at it with a critical eye. Finding all to be as it was when presented to him he smiled. Lightly tucking it under his arm, he departed from his realm and headed back to the Surgery. Upon gaining reentry he took it and laid it on the worn surface of the desk...::

There... I would hate to 'ave not returned it...

::He looked from the hat to Tempest's face, he gaze fell upon the Chapeau and a slight look of sadness passed across he vissage...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Her brow creased momentarily, and when she finally spoke it was as if distant whisper. There was a tinge of burn that teased sinus passages and Tempest countered earnestly to keep emotion in check.

" You realize that he is not in favor of me staying here instead of returning to La Desirade..."

The Surgeon reached for waiting cognac as a distraction.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Hmmm.... I had gathered as much.... is 'at why we gonna get th' gent from Cap'n Fournier? He seems quite th' standoffish type....

::He watched as she poured another dram of elixer into waiting glass...::

Tis sweet sorrow, you two partin' ways... I gonna miss th' Lad somethin' fierce... But I know he c'n take care o' himself... as you c'n take care o' yerself...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Tempest paused in the pouring of dram and focused on companion with slight confussion.

"Pardon, but you seem to have caught me unawares in this matter. Jean is doing just exactly what?"

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Oh....

Th' Lad who come aboard wi' Leftenant Lamaire and Cap'n Fournier earlier.... Chanault... I beleve tha's his name... he been offer'd as yer surgeons mate once Armand took his leave... I had thought you were in th' know...

:;He at once looked perplexed and exasperated... again he sat on the edge of worn desk, removed his battered hat and smoothed back his hair... ::

My apologies, gerl... too much ahap'nin' this day, r' night...

Damn it.... I pray we gonna quit this place as soon as... hell, wish we was a'ready in deep waters.......

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"Mr. Badger you 'ave tha deck 'til Mr. Lasseter returns." Jacob Badger nods silently and continues to watch anything that may transpire between Le Requiem and The Watch Dog.

I go below and head astern as to reach the arms locker quickly. Passing through my cabin, I quickly fumble for my keys. Lighting the shaded lantern in the cabin, I wait for the loud "POP", until I can swing freely the locker door. Rasing the lantern I step to the rear of the small room and open a crate I had recently inventoried. "Ahh yes," I say out loud. "Perfect."

(Ciaran waits on the Watch Dog's deck while Mister PEW goes below to retrieve a rifle fer the lookout. There is still much noise and activity in town ... echos of laughter from late-night revelers, the sound of singing off in the distance, and the occasional firing of a gun. Here by the harbour, lanterns from the ships cast their eerie reflections upon the small waves coming into shore. Ciaran's eyes are sharp, like a cat in the night. He scans the wharves, as well as the decks of the nearby ships fer any unusual movement.)

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Oh....

Th' Lad who come aboard wi' Leftenant Lamaire and Cap'n Fournier earlier.... Chanault... I beleve tha's his name... he been offer'd as yer surgeons mate once Armand took his leave... I had thought you were in th' know...

:;He at once looked perplexed and exasperated... again he sat on the edge of worn desk, removed his battered hat and smoothed back his hair... ::

My apologies, gerl... too much ahap'nin' this day, r' night...

Damn it.... I pray we gonna quit this place as soon as... hell, wish we was a'ready in deep waters.......

Tempest mused momentarily upon the information, almost not hearing his further comments in regard to leaving port. Though the revealings were not over detailed in relay, she fully understood the motivations and doubted highly that such actions were at Armand's request. Unconscience movement brought draught to lips as she considered who was truly responsible for this newly dawned circumstance and her thinkings lit on Marseilles.

Marseilles...for all of the hauntings the name could conjure, she often likened it to Cities of the Dead, who's restless citizens refused to accept eternal repose; instead wandering within walled boundries to unsettle the Living. How many years had passed into oblivion and still there existed the persistant bond, ever like a child tugging at sleeve for attention. The "spirit" created betwixt herself and Jean-Micheale would not be denied acknowledgement; it mattered not the distance apart or the years that divided. What was unresolved, was unresolved and no matter how far back it was pushed to the darkened shadows of mental passages, it would always come to call.

From peripheral view, the Surgeon noticed that Dorian was looking at her with a hue of curiouse scrutiny and she wondered how much time had passed while she wandered the past distractedly. In effort of segue, Tempest smiled warmly and topped off the two glasses.

"Well," she stated matter of factly. "I am sure that this Monsieur Chanault, as you call him, shall serve the station properly. As to our departure, that can only be waited for with an element of practiced patience, I fear."

It had been a busy day all around for Tudor. As soon as she had returned from adventures ashore, it had been non-stop errands, and running around the ship to see to diffrent things. She was so busy she was aware of the chaos going on around her, but didn't feel inclined to pay attention to it.

When she finally had collapsed on her small, narrow bunk, it was with a long sigh of relief. Even as thin as the small straw matress was, it held comfort for her. For a few moments at least, until her mind refused to shut off, as was nessicary for sleep, and ever plank of wood under the matress started pressing painfully on her shoulders and digging into her spine.

Sitting up with a groan, Tudor frustratedly rubbed her hands over her face, wrapped her threadbare, grey wool blanket around her shoulders in a cape-like manner over her slops and chemise top she wore. She knew there was most likely a chill in the air top-side.

She gained the weather decks quickly, her bare feet silently covering the wood planking. She stopped by the rail, and looked out at the stars and glowing moon that hung low in the sky, allowing herself a rare moment of speculation.

The Gascon, not having had any indication of the Quartermaster's departure from Surgical surroundings, maitained silent vigil on weathered decks. There lie an odd tension in the air and although he was unsure of exact details, enough had been sumized to understand the reasonings. The cool grey of sights danced from the near distant brigantine to that of the corvette in close company.

Turning to observe the low lit shoreline, the familiar figure of individual drew his focus. Hesitant to approach at first, Armand gave in to what he knew was of neccessity. With quiet step, he gained Tudor's proximity and stood silently, not wishing to disrupt her obvious concentration to matters unbeknownst.

She heard him approaching, no matter how silently he tried to tread. He remained quite, and seemed hesitent and Tudor smiled to herself. His inscruitability was starting to frustrate her less and amuse her more with every hour. "Good evening Armand." She said as soon as he was close enough to hear her hushed tones. She silently laughed as he froze in step, startled to have had his approach noticed, and she quickly turned her head to look over her shoulder and shoot him a cheeky grin.

The Gascon proffered a bow in respect to her. "Mademoiselle..."

Taking placement at the rail, he gazed at the moon's large girth in heavenly encompassment briefly before venturing further verbose.

"How was your excursion ashore?"

He was attempting neutral ground as a safeguard. Other subjects begged for reckoning, but would hold position for the time being.

Tudor smiled. "Productive." She said She nodded, her curls, messier then normal, bouncing. "Purchased all the supplies I needed, and some more to hold us over," She said, going over the day's trivial events, sense there was something else to be said, but biding her time. "I found a stray too. A young girl . . . trying to pick my pockets. Don't quite know where the captain will decide she will be of most use, but she has sailed before, and seems the determined sort. Reminded me a bit of myself a long time ago, I suppose." She said, the last remnants of her silent thoughts exhibiting themselves. "And other then that, the day was sheer mass pandemonium and chaos," she chuckled. "But that is to be expected."

He nodded to her statements, "Then it was a success of sorts, non?"

Turning to rest lower back against the rail's support, Armand offered her his easy smile. Sensing the field safe to gain, he pushed into the breech.

"Mademoiselle...I shall be leaving for La Desirade with the morning's tide if all goes as planned."

His focus drifted to main mast and hovered there.

As any good soldier does when suffering from a surpirse attack, Tudor closed her mind to the carnage and planned retreated. Not allowing her mind to race to the million places and questions and shadowy corners that it wanted too, Tudor just blinked twice and started to walk away, beating her retreat, but it was useless . ..

From the corner of eye, the change of her stance was noted as a precursor to movement. Regaining full heigth, Armand reached forward and gently grasped near arm to disrupt her departure. Stepping around to face her, his brow knit in response to Tudor's sudden movement and the grey depths searched her own in query.

Tudor just continued to blink, her eyes level with his, but not seeing. Opening her mouth once or twice to try and form some kind of statement, but no words came, even though there were a million running around in her head, but only action, purely instinctive action was the only command she followed. "Retreat." She sighed so quietly some might have not noticed the word in the breath, then ducked under his arm.

His hand quickly flicked around her wrist, and the whiplash of her movement being stopped seemed to jarr her out of the vacant mindframe she had held. She turned to look at him. "What?" She asked, sheer confusion in her tone. "How am I to respond to this?" She asked, almost more of herself. Her tone held no anger, nor resentment, nor even hurt - although all were felt in turn. She just simply asked, for she had no idea what reaction was required or best.

"Je nes compredre..."

He released his hold on her and stood back a pace, "Exposer les raisons, s'il vous plait."

The query did nothing less than add to Tudor's state of aggitation and the Gascon resolved that nothing would be gained. Without further thought, he took her right hand into one of his own and gave indication with slight cock of head, for her to follow.

Leaving the weather decks behind, they approached the Surgeon's quarters and with a brief survey to ensure its emptiness, Armand steered Tudor to seating and secured the door. Muffled voicings could be heard from the Surgery next door, though he dismissed their existance and centered on Tudor.

"Mademoiselle, I do not clearly understand...We had discussed this in the past...It is not as though I have any true desire to leave, but I have to take up the reins of what is expected of me and I have no choice but to do so."

Tudor slummped in her chair, taking a moment to gather her thoughts, Armands confused words ringing in her head. "I know . . ." She said slowly and steadily after a decent pause. "And that is why I react this way. You had told me. You must do what you need to do, and I know that. . . " She paused again, taking a shakey breath. "So I hate myself being blindsided by this, for being surpirse. For wanting to yell and scream at you, and haul off and slap you again." She shot him a quick apologetic look for her misbehaviour in the past, and a silent promise that even though the thought had entered her mind, she wouldn't act on it. "I hate myself . . . for caring so much whether you go or stay; for wanting to get down on my knees and beg you not to go; for wanting to break both your feet, so you can't go anywhere; for wanting to convince you to stay by seducing you . . . again." She added a bit of a cheeky grin and eye roll to the last statement. "For wanting to run to my room, grab my bag and follow you to the ends of the earth; for feeling that from the moment you leave, a part of me will be missing, that I will have no point here . . ." She paused again, but not long enough to let him respond. "I know that you need to leave. And I know that my worth and my survival depends on no man - but that doesn't stop me from feeling it. And that is why I asked what I did. That is why I don't know how to react." She finally looked up to him for response.