Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing a squeal she glanced up to catch Scuttle the monkey Phil had given her for the voyage holding a mans golden pocket watch.  Glancing hastily about she called over the monkey and took the watch studying it then handed it over to Will.

"What do you think?  Know anyone that wear's such a fancy piece?"

Hearing the call for Two days shore leave she nods to Will and heads for the stairs to the deck.

Wil is a caught a bit off guard by the screeching monkey, he reaches awkwardly for his blade that no longer hangs by his side. Arrrr…it be just a stinkin’ monkey. He looks to Siren the least bit amused by the primate. Sorry dear but I’s hate monkey’s…long story but… He stops as she hands him a gold watch. M’m, fancy that, I guess I be the one now. Wil slips the watch into his pocket as Siren scurries topside, he glances back toward Scuttle. Thanks mate, I be likin’ monkey’s a bit more this day says I. With that he heads to retrieve his cutlass before leaving the ship.

wil22.gif

Once topside she moves to the starboard rail and sees Swan. Grinning she heads that way only to hear the screech yet again and stopping swivels about to call to the small monkey who sits on the deck pointing and screeching. Tilting her head she studies the deck and the shadowy recesses about. Narrowing her eyes she cautiosly moves to Scuttles side and hefts him to her shoulder still peering into the shadows. Moving slowly about the deck and seeing nothing not sensing anything out of the ordinary she stops near a coil of rope waiting for repair and spots a bloody handprint. Perhaps from the rogue that had escaped?

Peering more intently yet trying to look inconspicous in case the rogue be abouts and she unarmed she swept the shadows once more and still seeing nothing raised a hue for The Quartermaster.

Looking over her shoulder she sees Will striding onto the deck and patiently waits keeping a weather eye on the decks shadows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

~Swan sees Siren about to walk up to her...then stopped. Swan notes this and scans the ship. Not seeing anything out of the ordinary. She slowly and damn near silently walks over to siren and stands next to her looking the opposite way.~

What is it?

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Siren toyed with Scuttle while whispering.."Look to yer left and down at the ropes..There be a bloody handprint. I don't remeber seein it afore. Ye think it might be the rogue they be lookin for?

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

~Swan looks down and to the left at the hand print looking closer at the rope.~

I'm not at all happy my arms were stripped of me right now.

~sounding dangerous as she speaks.~

Try to watch me back will ya?

~she gets right down and looks at the print and smells the surrounding rope for any sent of alcohol, or sulfur or anything discenrable.~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Wil looking for the quarter master spies the ladies instead and decides to head in there direction. As he walks up he takes note of Swan down on the deck, not aware of what is going on he quickly blurts out as he approaches. Mornin’ ladies… Tips tricorn… Miss Siren and and… looking down. Miss Swan... had a bit too much rum last eve my dear?

;)

wil22.gif

~Swan looks up first to Siren, then to Wil. She grins pleasently~

Not as much rum as I'll be havin tonight in your fine company me mate. And I'm feelin' mighty happy to head off for that evenin' swim.

::creeeping through the hold, dragoon in left hand cutlass in right, he spies about, seeking out the knave who turned himself out of the surgeons care when he hears the word passed that he is needed on deck ::

Ah... mayhaps he been ratted out.....

:: backing slowly out of the hold, he turns, takes one last glance around while sheathing his sword and finally makes his way topside::

Right Who passed th' word fer me presence?

::a lad points toward two of the ladies and one gent of the crew ::

Thankee...

::strides over to them::

A'right, wot ye be needin'? Has ye found th' lad wot's gone missin'?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Mornin' to ye Master Diego...

Seems th' lad wot come runnin' down th' pier on fire has taken his leave o' th' surgeons' care... n' armed hisself... dunno iffn' he still be aboard, but noone seen 'im take his leave ashore... Dunno iffn' he be right in' th' 'ead at th' moment n' might be a threat ta th' ship 'n crew...

So, keep a sharp eye fer the crispy lad....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Nay mind him Kind Sir, He infact slipped over the sea side and away in the launch Swan arrived in. I woun't be to the worry and of course his incident was quite harrowing was it not? Lucky our master gunner is a hell of a swimmer too? I had our master at arms check his inventories and the only pieces missing were Mr Daggezes own belongings. Another reason why I think he won't be back. I would be seeing it different had he abscounded with others personal weapons, but nay not be this case. Has our cook come awake do ya know? This day is getting longer by the minute.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Turning to Lasseter Siren nodded to Scuttle the small monkey in her arms.."He found a handprint Sir. It's bloody and if be fresh. At least it were not there earlier. I thought it might 'ave been from your escapee. Now it seems it would belong to another Eh?" she said pointing out the handprint where Swan still was. She looked to Will and weakly smiled.

Ah.... yer sure o' this?

Very well then, I'll 'ave th' Master 't arms stand down then...

I s'pose I'll go return m' pistols n' such t' th' arm'ry stores near 'r cabin space...

I still think we may need the watch armed wi' somat... cutlass 'r quarterpikes...

Ye sure I can nay keep me wee pistol hung on m' belt... jet th' wee one, not these 'ere dragoons....

Make me feel better , it would....

:: looks about, notices the surgeon on deck, reading a book ::

Ah, well.. if tha' be all... I'll.... be 'round 'ere.... somewhere....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Turning to Lasseter Siren nodded to Scuttle the small monkey in her arms.."He found a handprint Sir. It's bloody and if be fresh. At least it were not there earlier. I thought it might 'ave been from your escapee. Now it seems it would belong to another Eh?" she said pointing out the handprint where Swan still was. She looked to Will and weakly smiled.

Aye,

Well.... mayhaps tis from th' escaped lad, mayhaps not... I know o' noone else who be injured such like...

Prey carry on wi' yer shore leave, I's stayin' aboard ta make sure all is well...

:: Smiles, nods ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ah.... yer sure o' this?

Very well then, I'll 'ave th' Master 't arms stand down then...

I s'pose I'll go return m' pistols n' such t' th' arm'ry stores near 'r cabin space...

I still think we may need the watch armed wi' somat... cutlass 'r quarterpikes...

Ye sure I can nay keep me wee pistol hung on m' belt... jet th' wee one, not these 'ere dragoons....

Make me feel better , it would....

:: looks about, notices the surgeon on deck, reading a book ::

Ah, well.. if tha' be all... I'll.... be 'round 'ere.... somewhere....

Quartermaster i think that is a good idea too! it would be of no uncertain terms a terrible deal if the ship were to be taken right after made seaworthy. But this be a friendly port ya know and most all of us live here as well. If thar be somethin on the sly occurin me thoughts would be ta who would be the better? Ya know? What would be the purpose thar be no starnge and unknown crews in port ta worries about! I'll bet the four barrels from Wednesday are drained dry by now! We do have one hell of a thirsty crew eh?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

As Lasseter and Diego both spoke about the handprint and for her to carry on with her shore leave she nodded and said "Thank ye Sir." then spinning on her heel gestured to Swan and Will.."Come Shore leave fer us..Now to find Christine and Jack."

Quartermaster i think that is a good idea too! it would be of no uncertain terms a terrible deal if the ship were to be taken right after made seaworthy. But this be a friendly port ya know and most all of us live here as well. If thar be somethin on the sly occurin me thoughts would be ta who would be the better? Ya know? What would be the purpose thar be no starnge and unknown crews in port ta worries about! I'll bet the four barrels from Wednesday are drained dry by now! We do have one hell of a thirsty crew eh?

Aye Master Diego,

Friendly port r' not.... there be pyrates about.... :P

Ne'er knows wot might 'appen... best at be safe th'n sorry... word ta live by... 'r was tha' always be prepaired?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Very well, Diego....

::crosses deck, goes below to cabin, deposits dragoons in sea chest, hooks sea service pistol on belt, hangs light cutlass on bulkhead... Returns topside::

Ah... better....

::looks at remaining crew, lolling about on deck::

You lads, ye still be 'ere? Well then... ye gets first watch! You, got to th' bow, you two, ta th' waist, you two ta th' stern.......

:: watches as the lads take up their posts ::

Tha'll do, laddys, tha'll do....

:: slowly saunters over to where the surgeon is sitting ::

Wot ye doin' lass???

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Thank you Mr. Lassater. ~mutters to herself~ I could certainly do with my throwing daggers.

~looks up to Siren and Wil~ Shall we?

:: slowly saunters over to where the surgeon is sitting ::

Wot ye doin' lass???

*Looking up from text at the Quartermaster's voicing. Marking place sets volume on the deck and smiles...*

Good Morning to you! I see that all has reached a calm. I am taking in the warmth of the sun that this fine day brings and catching up on studies in relation to sea birds indigenous to this area...A rather dry rendering...* She glances to the text, then back*

And might I ask how well you fare on this break of day? Would you care for some coffee?

*Looks over to her Steward*

Armand...Je voudrais une frais cafetiere et deux la tasse, s'il vous plait. Merci.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Ah Lass, Now tha' some calm 'as set in, I's fine...

Local birds? Hmmm.... gulls, terns, n' the like...

Coffee... mayhaps wi' some sweetinin'....

:: under breath :: there's tha' frenchy speak ag'in...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Yes...They do give me a certain interest to their habits. Pardon me...

Armand...Pardon, s'il vous plait. Je voudrais sucre...merci beaucoup!

*Catching his comment...*

Frenchy speak?...*she laughs* When one studies in Paris, they tend to learn the lay of the mother toungue...You will have to forgive any offense. My Steward is from the South of France and although he very well understands and speaks English....He prefers his native speech. I give him that respect, as should be.

*Looks bemused*

So..do tell, from what area do you hail in origin?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Looks bemused*

So..do tell, from what area do you hail in origin?

Me? Where's d' I hail from...

Ye kennet tell?

Why, I's from betwixt Roisin Dubh n' th' isle o' Arran...

Mostly spent aboard, 'r in a shipyard...

Tho I's told I c'n lay claim ta Glencairn on th' nor'east coast....

::noting her expression::

An ye, Lass? Ye say ye studied n' Paris, so's ye picked up their words...

Tha' says not o' yer beginnins...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif