posted wanted, sell. trade or swap listing

Scupper

I be new to this Forum and It's terrific! (ThanKS Angus!!!!). One thing I've noticed is alot of info requests and wants, needs and such. Would it be a good idea to perhaps post a listing of wants, swaps, trades, needs or services? Just a thought. What say ye me heartys!

Scupper

:)

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

YES!!!

:) :) :)

scupper-yer heads in the right place fer sure.

I am looking for an arabian boarding cutlass.

I saw one years ago for sale at museum replicas,but they discontinued it and I've wanted one ever since.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

I see what ye be saying Royaliste. But what I mean is a way for our brotherhood to find items that we need. After all, who is gonna help a pirate, except a pirate. I've been doing historical re enacting for many years. Alot of times there are new people who need help getting items or perhaps you want to deplete your surplus of items so you can buy that cannon, pistol or fancy captain's frock coat. Then again, you may be someone who is handy with a sewing machine or good with leather. All I was putting forth was the idea of a possible way of connecting all these ideas, services or items so that the people who would use, need, want or appreciate them most had first crack. I've seen simular things in other historical groups.

Take for instance my area. Hartford CT. There is ONE costume shop. They will rent but not sell. So if I want something of quality or a specfic item I really want, I have to search Ebay or the internet. With my job and home life at the moment, that's not really possible very often. Sometimes I have to travel long distances to find what I want. Perhaps with this new forum or listing I can find 3 or 4 of the items I want or someone willing to make it within our brotherhood. I'd prefer to increase our friends coffers whenever possible. It also promotes talk and friendships.

But I stray from the point. It was just a thought I was looking for comments . I thank you for your opinions. From your posts i know you to be a man of honor. If ever I get to the west coast, I'd be honored to share a bottle sir.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Then I offer me most humble apologies. I'm new to this here cyber stuff. I be an old fashioned man. But glad to know we of the brotherhood are going about trades, and such. I love this forum more each day

Scupper

Guest Angus MacVox

Well scupper, I'll add to the description of the PLUNDER forum:

"For sale" and "Wanted" ads are welcome.

...maybe that will elicit more such activity here.

...and if it gets out of hand we'll create a separate forum for it.

Me thanks Angus. And again from an old re enactor, thanks. This is an outstanding forum. I be proud to be a wee part of it.

Scupper