Prototype Jewelry Box on eBay

I've been watching eBay for one of those little cheap chests to replace the little, sadly abused chest that I bought at a garage sale decades ago, when I came across this odd thing.

It's apparently the prototype for a Disney pirate jewelry box due out in August. Disney seems to be running the auction, so I guess it's legit (hard to tell, though). What an odd thing! It combines the old skull and swords used in some of the 70's Disney POTC models (from the ride, I believe) with an ornate claw-footed bowl. A very odd mixture of styles...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yep, I've seen this piece and now they figure to add color to the skull before being made for sale.

However it could still be dropped from the schedule so it may be worth something someday to someone.

Not me though. :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Geez, Bess! This is the kind of cra- er, collectible that is really worth something! Anything that is odd, contains errors or is not produced is immediately worth loads of money in the collectible market. No matter how useless or silly it is. You would not believe what people pay for a vintage prototype rocket-firing backpack Boba Fett fig...

You should have asked them if you could buy it before they put it on eBay. Then you could retire in luxury.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Geez, Bess! This is the kind of cra- er, collectible that is really worth something! Anything that is odd, contains errors or is not produced is immediately worth loads of money in the collectible market. No matter how useless or silly it is. You would not believe what people pay for a vintage prototype rocket-firing backpack Boba Fett fig...

You should have asked them if you could buy it before they put it on eBay. Then you could retire in luxury.

I said I saw it, not that it was offered for sale.

I still wouldn't have wanted it.

I was working at the Park back when they were dumping the old animation cells for 50cents a pop on main street at the shops. Back when they were considered valueless?

I have original Peter Pans, Alice, Dumbo, Dalmations, Mickey, Wind in the Willows and Pooh to name but a few.

Yeah, I'm looking out for my retirement which is not that far away. :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, I'm looking out for my retirement which is not that far away. cool.gif

HUH :D You're kidding :D

Sorry, not laughing at ya but you look a bit young for retirement!

Ooooooooh Blessings on you my girl.

THe truth is I am 55 years old (never cared who knew it either as those pictures were taken not long ago... keeping in mind that ANYONE can look good in a studio picture) and I am indeed close to retiring and spending the rest of m'time up in Carmel by the Sea California.

Yeah, the life of a Pirate for me! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:D 55???

Sheesh..well thanks, but i meant it..you don't look 55! :D

Thanks again.

(chuckle) I credit that to 47 years of swordplay!

Advance! Advance! Lunge!!! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(chuckle) I credit that to 47 years of swordplay!

You've done swords?

I love'm and i regret it was so big on the fair i missed the sword fight work shops.. :D

I started learning at age 8. By 14 I was so bored with fencing... and I was lucky to have had a teacher that knew I would have the touch for stage combat. Of course it was not called that back in those dark ages. :D

I was blessed in my youth to study with Bob Anderson who is a remarkable man and skilled swordsman. I think one of the best.

I had other instructor of course and have now m'self, been teaching for several years.

Yes, I'm slowing down a bit now, some of my usual fight partners are filled with fear that I'll have a hot flash in the midst of battle and kill them, They even had a shirt made for me: *Caution! She's out of estrogen and she has a sword!*

I'm not worried about slowing down either. Some of my kids may be faster... but I am older, wiser and know more dirty tricks! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

oooo! pointy toys!

Fergal LOVES shiney pointy toys!

just wondering if youve ever been involved with ARMA

formerly known as HACA

amazing work they do with medieval manuals and the study of western euro martial combat.

*rummages for a link* ahh here we go

http://www.thearma.org

oooo! pointy toys!

Fergal LOVES shiney pointy toys!

just wondering if youve ever been involved with ARMA

formerly known as HACA

amazing work they do with medieval manuals and the study of western euro martial combat.

*rummages for a link* ahh here we go

http://www.thearma.org

I am not officialy linked to this group, no... but I do know Hank Reinhardt of Museum Replica's and Don Kagay if that counts.

Naw, I'm not about to give up my day job to make sword play my lifes work. The community is relativley small for profitable work in the business. While everyone knows everyone else, it's stil *back stabbing* time when it comes to getting onto high profile projects. :lol:

I teach, I train fighters and I love just holding a fine weapon in my hand.

Must have brought that back from SEVERAL past lives. :lol:

Yo Ho.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I was blessed in my youth to study with Bob Anderson who is a remarkable man and skilled swordsman. I think one of the best.

I had other instructor of course and have now m'self, been teaching for several years.

Bob Anderson, isn't he the guy who tought Geoff and the others on POTC?

WOW lucky you!

Pity i live overhere or i'd come and have some lessons myself :lol:

hero.jpg

Bob Anderson, isn't he the guy who tought Geoff and the others on POTC?

WOW lucky you!

Pity i live overhere or i'd come and have some lessons myself :lol:

That is up for debate.

Mark Ivey, his assistant likes to claim the heavy credit and who cares anyhow? Bob puts his mark on everything he touches. POTC 1 is just a blip on Andersons vast radar.

He worked with Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, folks no doubt more familier to us older types. :lol:

He was elderly when *I* took from him and is a darling crumudgeon now.

My coins would still be him to best any takers, even in his mid-eighties.

:lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

He worked with Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, folks no doubt more familier to us older types. laugh.gif

That's him, he dóes get the credit as it's him you see in the extra's on the dvd training Geoffrey for one and they even have an interview with him.

He's quite an impressive man :)

hero.jpg

He worked with Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, folks no doubt more familier to us older types. laugh.gif

That's him, he dóes get the credit as it's him you see in the extra's on the dvd training Geoffrey for one and they even have an interview with him.

He's quite an impressive man :)

Nice too.

And THAT in this industry is a rarity. :)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

He worked with Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, folks no doubt more familier to us older types. :lol:

David Prowse, Alec Guiness... folks more interesting to us mid-aged people. ;)

As for getting credit...well, being recognized as an expert by other experts is about the best praise I think one can receive. The flash-in-the-pan fan worship...that's just so much noise.

Mission_banner5.JPG

He worked with Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, folks no doubt more familier to us older types.  :D

David Prowse, Alec Guiness... folks more interesting to us mid-aged people. ;)

As for getting credit...well, being recognized as an expert by other experts is about the best praise I think one can receive. The flash-in-the-pan fan worship...that's just so much noise.

Bob was in fact the coach and also the fighting double for David Prowse.

When Darth is at his sabor fighting best it's Bob in the outfit. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

"Women who behave... rarely make history!"

Hadn't noticed that before, interesting phrase :blink:

The flash-in-the-pan fan worship...that's just so much noise.

I don't know about flash in the pan fan worship, but on POTC the extra's where he was on, it was himself telling about the Errlol Flynn etc and how long he was in Hollywood already and more.

I thought thát was a good way of showing the man's expertise as well as night to know about him, before i'd never heard of him :)

hero.jpg

"Women who behave... rarely make history!"

Hadn't noticed that before, interesting phrase ;)

The flash-in-the-pan fan worship...that's just so much noise.

I don't know about flash in the pan fan worship, but on POTC the extra's where he was on, it was himself telling about the Errlol Flynn etc and how long he was in Hollywood already and more.

I thought thát was a good way of showing the man's expertise as well as night to know about him, before i'd never heard of him :)

That end on my sig has been my catch phrase for years.

(chuckle) Them's that know me know bloody-hell why too! ROTFLMAO!

It's not important to Bob who knows him as long as the people in his industry respect him and believe me, they do.

He's earned every once of it. :blink:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif