North Carolina Blackbeard Festival

Stynky Tudor

Does anyone be knowing if the Blackbeard Festival, North Carolina, Morehead City - Beaufort be happening this year?

Last year it was canceled, but the year before that it happened sometime in the middle of May.

All me links to it seem to dead. . .

(beerp)

Good day to ye' stinky

i believe it is not happening this year beacause of the factthat bath is celebratine this year as well sinbad who is usually a great part of that is already in fla awaiting our arrival for the lee island event as well the america sails event is happening there in 2006 on july 4th so you may want to mark your calendars for that.......................so after that long winded outburst i still cant say for ssure that it is not happening but they have a new event person in that area as well soooooo i think they are saving up for next year

will you be joining us in hampton this year in june???

Mr. Steele

Master at Arms

Blackbeards-Crew Hampton Va

I agree with Monsieur Steele. I live in Durham, NC, and have made inquiries about the festival in Morehead City, but have gotten NO replies from folks down there. My guess is that as Mr. Steele indicated most all of the festivities in that area are taking place in Bath this year, as NC's first town celebrates its tricentennial.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

I don't have any inside info...but I've heard naught about it. There's also the Charleston invasion commemoration / Maritime festival / some kind of race to Bermuda scheduled for the second weekend in May (we're goin'!) , in Charleston; different city and state, to be sure, but still in the same neck of the woods (or seas).

I well remember (Jan and I were just talking about it a couple of days ago), Stynky, we all had plans to camp out together; I was checking with the local PD on the legality of wearing BP pistols, and edged weapons.(Not because we were planning on camping together! :huh: )

We went to Beaufort that weekend anyway, and had a great time. The Blackbeard Fest was still held indoors at the maritime museum, and was great. Beaufort is a wonderful little town! :)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

The NC Wooden Boat Show will be held on Sat. May 7th in Beaufort, NC.

Will be down at the NC Maritime Museum area. Their link is:

http://ncmm-friends.org/onthewater/wooden_...n_boat_show.htm

Also, link for the Tall Ships coming into Beaufort next year:

http://www.nctallships.com/index.html

This sail may hit several ports on the East Coast.

Also, Sinbad & the Meka II will be at the Bath Maritime Festival in

Sept. They have upgraded their website. Link:

http://historicbathnc.com/

Best Regards to ye all.