Pyrate Projects

Patrick Hand

I finished making my 1706 slops contract jacket ....

Jacket-11.jpg

Made a pair of period drawers ....

drawers.jpg

and knitted a monmouth cap... This was my second knitting project... the first monmouth cap came out with a lot of mistakes.... this one only has a few.... the next one will be wool, and hopefully no mistakes....

MonmouthCap.jpg

Right now I'm hand sewing the armhole and all 18 buttonholes on a waistcoat......

Next I think I will start making a cartridgebox......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I designed a new entrance into the Stranglehold encampment, and me mates and I are going to start building it this weekend. It will debut at Escondido Faire. I had a much more ambitious project lined up, but it would require a trailer to mount it on, and those puppies aren't cheap! So, that project will have to wait a while. Maybe the October Escondido Faire??

:ph34r:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Working on our new promotional DVD for corporate... here's a snippet of me in my finished hero shot.

Hurricane Shot

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I am beginning the design and costing phase of a project that will eventually have its own thread: the Battle Station. I plan to build a full scale below-deck gun station on a trailer and equip it with a British six-pounder. Eventually, it will have a fold-down section of deck to do double duty as a stage (and enclose the station when up), and an upper deck with railing and at least one rail gun, two would be better. It will probably start out like this:

MA-Marine.jpg

But will eventually end up like this:

MA-Battle-station.jpg

Add folding stages that cover the open side and both ends, and move the solid upper deck to the railing and you get the idea of what I'm after. And only one cannon below deck. One will be enough to pay for.

The idea behind the project is to provide the people ashore a similar or better experience as those who were able to go out on the tall ships for the sea battles at pyrate fests. I envision cannon demonstrations with stop-action instruction followed by full speed cannon drills against those offshore boats. For those of you who were in Key West, think about this set up on the parade ground or on Mallory Dock! And, since it will be equipped with front and side stages, it can do double duty as an entertainment stage. What better background, Eh?

And yeah, I would like feedback on whether anyone thinks that this is a good idea and whether this creature would be desired by fest organizers enough to hire it for demonstrations and stage setups.

renfestchip21307ls.jpg

Hey Captain Jim, something like this. I found it while surfin the net and thought you'd might want ta see it for research and such.

Wow, thats kinda big should have resized it, sorry.

Petee-2.jpg

The only projects hereabouts aren't all that terribly exciting, or even constructive.

Something of a holding pattern going on right now, can't make any serious long-term plans until we find out how a few things completely out of our control go, so it's the shorter-term stuff on the table.

Trying to get back into the practice of swordplay. Until recently, it's been a long stretch of working and pretty much nothing else, so I was having trouble remembering which end of the sword to hold.

And in the sitting-down time, trying to pull together several scripts worth of material. The brainstorming sessions (usually over multiple pitchers of beer at Hooters or some such) really have to be hammered out - over slightly fewer pitchers of beer, most likely.

sig2.jpg

Hey Captain Jim, something like this. I found it while surfin the net and thought you'd might want ta see it for research and such.

Wow, thats kinda big should have resized it, sorry.

Petee, where did you get that Picture? I'd like ot find out more about their project, and maybe suggest that they not have so much open flame about their black powder.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I'm keelhalling my whole character and wardrobe currently...

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

I am currently tailoring a pair of ankle legnth leather pants for the up and coming season at Scarborough. The hide is 3 oz. wieght garment / apolstery grade in a steel blue / teal tint. When completed, the will cross lace up the outside seams. I am still trying to decide whether to finish them with a French Fly or to go with cross lacing there, as well. No purchased pattern, I am using an old pair of dungerees as a templet to ensure proper fit. Six weeks to D-Day, not time to panic yet. :lol:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Rules?! The practice of following dictates has never been my forte'. :ph34r:

Never the less, I promise to do so as soon as I can get this bird off the ground, so to speak. This project is the precusor to a long list that shall be handled once the season is over. I fear that my Singer shall grow to loath me. :ph34r:

Monsieur Hand, I thank you for your interest.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.