movie quotes game

Fancy

"All right, people, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I love the corps!"

Aliens.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Shawshank Redemption.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Without re-reading this whole thread, I presume this movie has been quoted to death, and this particular line is a no-brainer giveaway, but...

"Tina! Come get some dinner, you fat lard!"

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!!! and i havent even seen the whole thing...

ok, here goes:

Is he dead?

Thats the problem, he was dead to begin with.

I was thinking this was Princess Bride. So I went to look up a quote to post after my triumphant answer. Decided I wanted to do one from Sleepy Hollow. And low this quote was actually from Sleepy Hollow!

Inconceivably easy! Princess Bride.

How bout this one?

In the forest, the wolf lives for three years and the donkey for nine.

That must be a proverb from the Urals, it makes no sense to me.

The donkey lives longer because he's more useful.

There aren't any donkeys in the forest, you made it up.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Somehow I can't quite picture Foxe quoting Shrek. (Although I could be wrong.)

Enemy at the Gate

Here's one from a truly awful movie I watched last night because I saw it flipping through the channels and spotted Depp (I suppose that's a hint).

"Even Hell has its heroes, señor."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I LOVE Shrek!... but you're right, it's probably not a movie I'd quote from.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Somehow I can't quite picture Foxe quoting Shrek. (Although I could be wrong.)

Enemy at the Gate

Here's one from a truly awful movie I watched last night because I saw it flipping through the channels and spotted Depp (I suppose that's a hint).

"Even Hell has its heroes, señor."

Are you kidding!?!? I bet Foxe can do a great Donkey impression!!! ;)

Depp... hmmm... Once Upon a Time in Mexico????

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Nope. The quote is quite indicative of the movie, though.

I LOVE Shrek!... but you're right, it's probably not a movie I'd quote from.

Well, I love Shaun of the Dead, but I don't going around quoting it...very often. ;)

"Sneaky monkey!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Is it the Spanish dubbed version of From Hell? (or did I miss the Miguel the Cockney character?)

Don Juan De Marco?

Blow?

Dunno.

And FWIW... dogs really can't look up.

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

I would have to hate you guys to pick a quote from the spanish version of a movie. ;)

It's not any of that lot. Boy, talk about the mother of all hints: it was directed by Polanski.

Ok. ¡Pero los perros PUEDEN mirar para arriba!

Mission_banner5.JPG