movie quotes game

Fancy

Yes, that's it!

By all means see it if you have 2-1/2 hours available to waste completely. It built suspense and built it and built it and built it and paid off with abolutely, positively nothing! (Steven Spielburg would have ended it differently. Come to think of it, Steven Spielburg would probably never have chosen to make a movie on this topic in the first place. I wonder if Polanski is a Satanist?)

We need another quote.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, that's it!

By all means see it if you have 2-1/2 hours available to waste completely. It built suspense and built it and built it and built it and paid off with abolutely, positively nothing! (Steven Spielburg would have ended it differently. Come to think of it, Steven Spielburg would probably never have chosen to make a movie on this topic in the first place. I wonder if Polanski is a Satanist?)

We need another quote.

is Roman polanski the guy who married (or tried to marry) a thirteen year old?

Ye might be Nefarious me thinks its my turn?

"I don't like to pay for property twice"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Nicole's is from Muppet Treasure Island. Once again, I have no idea what Diego's quote is from. :lol:

I really know nothing at all about Polanski's personal life except he's married to the demon chick that starred in The Ninth Gate. Maybe she was 13 when she married him. She's sure a heckuva lot younger than Roman. (If he can keep up with someone that much younger than he, I say more power to him. ;) )

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

is Roman polanski the guy who married (or tried to marry) a thirteen year old?

Yes, something like that. Of course, before that he was married to Sharon Tate. :D That whole thing still disturbs me... :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000591/bio

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

"I don't like to pay for property twice"

Aggghhhh... this is really getting to me... I'm pretty sure I've seen recently!!!

Patton. Sorry I waited too long!

take this then and run with it!

"Can I sit in your lap?"

"Do you always come on like this?"

"No. Sometimes I'm aggressive."

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

A Chorus Line

Your quote from Patton was totally foreign to me! OK, how about this one...

"It's the Banshee" :blink:

OK - and one more from the same movie:

Katie, darlin'! Can you lend me the loan of a small pinch o' tea; I'll pay ye back Thursday.

...from one of my all-time favorite movies!

Geez, I remember that now! I'm going to have to go back and watch Patton again as punishment. (It's not much of a punishment, actually. :blink: )

Mission_banner5.JPG

Darby O'Gill and the Little People?

How bout this one:

"Only one thing worse than dragons. Americans"

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Correct! Don't go out of your way to watch it, but if it's on TV or someone offers to lend you the DVD then it's worth the runtime to see.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

And the next quote is...

An enlightened man would offer a humble traveler shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of Cocoa Puffs.

Oh, Bulletproof Monk. A movie I was surprisingly pleased with. Hold on now I have to come up with a quote.

Do you think that I'd talk to a dog? Do you think I'd ask a dog whether you're good or evil? What do you think I am? Some kind of crazy backwoods lunatic with a barn full of human skulls and a scythe that I sharpen every day in readiness for Armageddon?

Do you think that I'd talk to a dog? Do you think I'd ask a dog whether you're good or evil? What do you think I am? Some kind of crazy backwoods lunatic with a barn full of human skulls and a scythe that I sharpen every day in readiness for Armageddon?

Damn! I know this!

Ooh! Ooh! I got one Mr. Kotter! (Rummy3, feel free to pull rank on me if I'm outta' line here.)

"What are you talking about man, there's no such word!"

"Oh yes. It is a perfectly good word. Actually do you know what there's no such thing as? It turns out, with do respect, when all is said and done, that there's no such thing as you!"

Mission_banner5.JPG