Sea Battles at Ilwaco Washington

HarborMaster

Is anyone here going to this event? We will be going Saturday May 14th on the 2:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. battle? Here is the link to this event.

Sea-Battle in Washington

also here is a link to The Lynx as well The Lynx

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Aye!!!!

Well met Harbor Master !!!!

B.O.O.M. (Brotherhood of Oceanic Mercenaries) and the PDX Pirates

will be on that sail as well and then we be going to a party at

"Paint The Town Red" a local Art Studio!

And you're invited! Hope ye will be joining us!

Somethings in the wind as well fer Saturday night at 'Ole Bob's Coffee Net!

Shhh... don't tell the townsfolk!

4/27 See further down in this topic for updates for updates !

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

REVISED SCHEDULE FOR TALL SHIPS IN ILWACO

Grand Arrival in Ilwaco at 4:00 p.m. on May 11, 2005

Free tours at this time only

Reception for the Crew at the Heritage Museum - following Grand Arrival

May 12th – School programs –

Dockside tours 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

FRIDAY the 13th – School programs –

Dockside tours 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.

OleBob's Coffee Net - Grand Opening Celebration - Join us for Sea Shanties, Free Refreshments - $1 Crab Cakes $2 Beer & Wine

7-9 pm On the Port of Ilwaco

SATURDAY the 14th – Dockside tours 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

OFFICIAL PDX PIRATE RAID:

Battle Reneactment Sail 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

PIRATE PARTY -

Celebrating Grand Opening of Pirate & Mermaid Adventures

at Paint N the Town Red in downtown Ilwaco - 7-9 pm

15th – Dockside tours 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Battle Reneactment Sail 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

16th - Departs (Returns to Ilwaco - 1st weekend in June)

$50 for 3 hour sail - $8 dockside tours - Senior, child & group discounts

Reservations: 800/200-LADY (BE SURE TO RESERVE YOUR SAIL)

www.portofilwaco.com

It's a Pirate's Life for Me!

mermaidpirate.jpg

ALL WITHIN STUMBLIN DISTANCE

IWACO MOTELS/INN

Bell Tower Inn : 888/244-2523 (spendiest - historic - nice -

ask for the Paint N the Town Red Pirate Party Discount)

Heidi's - nice cheap motel: 360/642-2387

Harbor Lights Motel: 360/ 642-3196 (Right ON THE PORT OF ILWACO - new ownership - possible change - they didn't use to take reservations -not sure how they will do it now. #18 or 19??? has 2 beds - view of Port)

Col-Pacific 360/ 642-3177 (Not open now, but will be then? Don't know how they do reservations)

Haciendas: 360/ 642-8459 "Where Fisherman Stay"

There's also a Fort Canby National Park (yurts)

and 2 RV parks. (Beacon & Eagle's Nest)

Beacon is on the port and has some real pirates - not in costume - on site - but they said they have a spot that can be rented and then there's room for a couple of tents. Penelope Pirate works there - ask for her when you make your reservation: 360/ 642-2138

Eagle's Nest is nice resort syle RV park - up hill...

Other accomodations available in 3 - 7 mile surrounding area www.funbeach.com

Just be forewarned - cops are as thick as thieves on the peninsula and they will stop you and give you a DUI at the drop of a hat. Please use a designated driver system - there's no taxi service.

mermaidpirate.jpg

Thanks for the invite lorien_stormfeather !., I dont know if the Misses is gonna make it., she just started a new job. B) and so it may be just me an 2-Gun-Swifty. This whole thing in Ilwaco started for us with an invite from a coupole friends where we live to "Go to Long Beach" So we found out about the Lady Washington and the Lynx and said O.K. They wont be in garb ...., but we will ! B) .

Are you and yours coming along on the sail as well QueenLaDeDa ?

We dont know our way around Long Beach.,Our friends here in Centralia booked the hotel. I believe our reservation is at the "Our Place Hotel" ?

We look forward to meeting all other pirates that weekend thats for sure !

Probably after staying Saturday night at the hotel.,we will make our way to the "Lighthouse" on sunday before returning back toward Centralia. I hear the Light house is definitely worth the time.

Aztec Coins you say?., I wish I had more. I only ordered what the Pub wanted. A little spendy for much of a quantity to keep laying around. The castors quote to me was a break on a 200 or more order., and no break on the metal. after all the metals are what they cost .

I'll be wearin mine tho!!!

Say whats the address for "Paint The Town Red" art studio in Ilwaco?

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Here is the poster for the party Saturday, May 14th, 7pm following the battle sail.

Link for poster

Ahoy Harbormaster!

Aye, we will be on the battle sail and we're bringing the Powder Monkeys B.O.O.M will be performing and as many of the PDX Pirate crew as we can muster! Ilwaco is about 2 1/2 hours from Portland and We will be in town Friday eve.-Sunday.

Ilwaco is hard to get lost in! LOL! The Crew House Gallery is Don's place (right on the wharf) and Jenna's studio where the party will be held is in spittin' distance on the main drag! 120 First Ave. South! Just look for the Black Flags! I'm sure we'll find each other! Looking forward to it! Too bad about the missus missing out!

I met up with Don and Jenna this last week (great folks!) and they introduced us to the Harbormaster of the Port of Ilwaco, and I can say, a more cordial lass you'll not find! She was right friendly to the idea of Pirates coming to their little village!

The Lighthouse at Cape Disappointment State Park is a beauty. You can go right up into the light gallery and see a wonderful view. We saw gray whales spouting about 5 miles offshore in March.

• 1 month later...

Schedule Update and Details....

Ahoy thar ye Scurvy Sea Dogs, Listen Up!

It be time to be thinking about setting sail for the Port of Ilwaco, Washington this coming May 14th where the Tall Ship Lady Washington and the Privateer Lynx will be doing battle and pirates will be raidin' the town.

Where in the beejesus is Ilwaco? Coordinates are 46.31089 N, 124.03305 W,

located on the leeward side of the Long Beach Peninsula or right across the

Columbia River from Oregon via the Astoria Bridge where the river meets the sea.

Link to event flyer.

Please post, share with other lists and invite all folk friendly to pirates to this event!

Schedule

Saturday May 14th

10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Dock Side tours (admission good for both ships)

$4.00 adults, 12 and under 2.00 (family pass $8.00)

All Day: Saturday Market adjacent to the Port of Ilwaco

(Beware of Scallywags)

2-5 pm: Battle sail between the Lady Washington/Lynx

$50. adults, 30. children under 12

Pre-reserve to make sure you get a spot! Your card will not be charged until sail day. Call to make reservations: 1-800-200-LADY

You can decide which ship you want to be on at boarding.

Bring earplugs for those sensitive ears

dress for weather (sail goes rain or shine)

Can bring small carry on with own food/beverages/raingear

85 spots total between two ships.... ONLY 26 LEFT AS OF TODAY 4/27

Be ready to board no later than 1:30pm

5-7pm: OleBob's Coffee Net "GRAND OPENING" at the Waterfront entrance right on the Port. Shanty sing with B.O.O.M. (the Brotherhood of Oceanic Mercenaries). Hungry after the sail? Come enjoy $1 Crab Cakes, Beer & Wine Specials & More!

7-9 pm: Paint N the Town Red's Pirate & Mermaid Adventures-

Grand Opening Pirate Party, 120 First Ave. South Ilwaco, WA 642-0771

this is just a few block s away from the port in the downtown

Well mates, bout time to chime in.

I'll be in Ilwaco crewing the Lady Washington for when the Lady and the Lynx sail through for the second time, June 4-5.

June 4 – ILWACO

# Dockside Tours

# Battle Sail: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm

# Sail: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm

June 5 – ILWACO WA

# Dockside Tours: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm

# Battle Sail: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm

That's from the Lynx's website, as the Lady's calendar is down at the moment.

Incidentally, I'll be crewing from May 22-June 5th, so stop by any of those towns along the Columbia and say hi.

Lucky boy-- ye gets to crew fer Captain Evil!

I'll alert our Ilwaco contacts that a friend of the pub be onboard in June!

Hope to see you on that second run!

Ye could always take the jolly boat to Portland (about 1 1/2 hours away) on the 4th and join us in Marching in the Starlight Parade (starts at 8pm). :(

I just checked the weather report :lol: It is going to rain., Hard on Saturday., We cancelled out. I am hoping to get a lady washington schedule for the june sail however their schedule seems to be down :lol:

Typical Washington weather again :lol: We were hoping for a clear or cloudy day.,with a camera and a camcorder dressed in our finest for a battle re-enactment., been waiting for a long time for this one...,disapointed :lol:

I failed to see Desert Pirates post prior to my own posting and have now scheduled our 4 person reservation to June 4th's Battle re-enactment. Thanks Desert Pirate for having the wisdom to post schedules !

:lol::lol::lol:

Wot's a little rain Harbormaster? The battle sail goes rain or shine (as it should now!)

:lol:

'Twas supposed to rain out Glastonbury Faire in Newport on the coast last weekend, but we all got sunkissed instead! (Met some lovely Musketeers-- imbibers of mayonaise, but that's another tale!)

The Northwest coast weather, she be a hard lass to pin down and take home to mother.

And I was lookin' forward to comparing gold teeth with ye too!

Have fun playin' with that Desert Pyrate! The locals will definately enjoy being invaded twice, and be sure to stop in at the Crew House Gallery and Pirate and Mermaid Adventures when ye are in town.

Oh yeah-- I should warn ye to be on the lookout fer Lightning Bolt and Sea Wolfe, Southern pirate lasses planning on raiding Ilwaco on that June date!

The 14th sounds the best., with both Krewes Portalnd and Seattle goin' ., But its too late weve already now confirmed for the 4th., perhaps a few pirate types will straggle in., I hope so or I and the 3 accompnnying me will be the only pirates in town that date. Whatever happens we'll make the most of it. Dificult for me to get my party to go into a wind blown squaler and call it a good time when its one of the few times they get to get into garb and a day on the Washington. Probably now that weve changed the rains will too. Itll be clear for the 14th., and we'll be wet on the 4th ?

Was a great weekend with the tall ships and pirates! No rain! I never believe weather reports!

All pirates are welcome to come in June! On Saturday - we'll be having a kids pirate parade and I'm looking for a few pirate judges...

Saturday night - pirates are welcome at The Crew House Gallery for "Red Head Appreciation Night" - a party any pirate could appreciate. The gallery is right next to the port office.

The Goonies are going on the Sunday sail and possibly other activities are being planned...

Hope to see more pirates!

mermaidpirate.jpg

We are confirmed., A G A I N on the Washington., for June 4th and WILL be there rain or shine., yea the Washington weather is really a who knows., so we are going., just wished we would have stuck to the original plan., and met all the local Ilwaco pirates with the PDX. I imagine June 4th wont be as big an event as was May 14th. PHOTOS.,PHOTOS.., give us photos!!!

A fyne crew made waste of the small port Town of Ilwaco,WA last weekend.

The Queen of La De Da and the townies welcomed the Brethren with open arms.

Spotted many of you PDX Pirate scallywags in attendance...BOOM kidnapped the Harbor Master Lassie, took over the Lynx, had fun shootin' cannons from the port, did some singing and swordfightin' and kissin. A fine job! Great enormous energy!

Here be some pictures....Your wish is me command Harbor Master...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v28/cpostorm...feather/Ilwaco/

;):unsure::(

Well, it's almost time to leave, and I won't really have time to check the Pub until mid-June. I'll see all o' ye when I see ye. If you're around the Columbia River, check us out. I'm sure you'll be able to spot me... shoulder length hair and about 6'4". Ask fer Eric if I'm not easily spottable.

lorien .,Super photos ., It looked like a really great time., and are excited to go on the 4th,. Thanks for posting the pics !!