A Week of Sea Battles

the Royaliste

Just reading about the Lynx and Lady Washington in the Grays Harbour Newsletter. Looks like a fine match indeed. Trying to figure out when the best time to catch the crew. I believe you and I had talked about Oxnard in August. I do hope we shall meet then.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Aye!..We're still on schedule for Oxnard, barring something ugly like engine trouble (all good at present!)....This April 'Spring Fling' really looks promising, as 4 ship battles just don't happen regular enuff...... ;)

:huh:

ROYALISTE Strikin' Terror in the Seals at Pier 39......

Wonder if the swivel gunner from the Lady Washington will be there again.... He was lots of fun to shoot at..... ;)

Most likely not; those crews change up pretty regularly, and back and forth....Seems as tho' the bulk of the Lady's crew are aboard the Bill of Rights this month.......

• 2 weeks later...

And, just in time to greet the 'Lynx' on Saturday, the Royaliste' new main squares'l, the Main Course, has arrived rather timely from Kingston Ontario.....All new sails forward now, so show us that horizon!!..(yeah, and fill out a 'cannon permit', and...)

:(

ROYALISTE On the Hook in the Cityfront with the Tide

It's surely been an interesting week here on San Francisco Bay with the visitations of the Privateer Lynx, Lady Washington, and Bill of Rights...This weekend, April 9,10 should be something just short of spectacular, as the above mentioned along with the 'local pirates' aboard the Royaliste will sail to a great four ship sea battle!..If you are in the area, try the Garrison at Angel Island for a wonderful view!..Now, where's that powder monkey??

Well, as we put away the tops'l along with the weekend, it was one hellava grrrrreat time doing battle with some worthy opponents on a lively San Francisco Bay this weekend!!..The Lady Washington was looking fine in her colors, albeit a bit conservative on the powder magazine, and the Bill of Rights made for an interesting sight, altho' I'd have loved to see some sail up.....A humongus 'attaboy' from the Royaliste and crew to the Privateer Lynx for an excellent weekend of sailing and exchanging a proper amount 'o gunpowder!!...Fair winds, mates, and we'll see you in July, so keep ye're powder dry, eh?........

:D

ROYALISTE Defenders of Pirate Integrity on San Francisco Bay......