Add new sub forum....

I think it is time to add a new sub forum. Could we have one to strictly discuss Clothing/Pirate garb (one for Authentic and Fantasy).

A lot of threads are about clothing and they don't necessarily fall into Plunder (which should be buying and selling IMHO) and Captain Twill (which is academic talk on all historical topics).

I know we have a lot of sub forums already, but I think that this is one area that needs its own home

GoF

PS

I put forth Foxe as a moderator too!

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

If it's a vote you're calling for, in my opinion PLUNDER and CAPTAIN TWILL are enough. I have posted, as appropriate in both places on appropriate topics.

But if a new sub-topic is added, I will be there!

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

::scratches head::

Besides the fact they make mighty fine stuff...what are ye gettin' at with that one Diego? dunno.gif

I'm with Cap'n Pete on this one...I think more threads just have t' be brough up about the clothing topics. But if there is a subforum I too shall be there :lol:

First I had to move this to Plunder, sorry the Initates Forum ain't the place for this question.

Hmmmm, I understand your point, but I really think discussable costume subjects can still be done in Plunder. The Plunder section is not limited to sales of things. In fact I'd love to see more discussions about costumes here.

Rumba Rue

**Cecile B. DeMille wannabe** :lol:

I agree with RR. There's no reason why discussion of historical clothing can't be done in Plunder as it is.

I quote, "Pyrate and nautical related stuff to outfit your salty lifestlye. Where to get it, how to make it, and all about it."

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

RR... I posted it: INITIATION RITES & PUB MANAGEMENT

New to the Pub or have a 'newbie' pyrate inquiry? Please post here first! More seasoned crew of this wretched vessel will be happy to help you out and get you aquainted. Additionally, use this section to post questions and comments about the Pub to the moderators

So if questions about pub management don't go there.... then?

Anywhoo.

I guess I am just taking a too literal interpretation of the sub forums title... see above

It seems to me that its already fractured... Pirates & Paradise is an event but has its own forum and its not in "RAIDS"

THE WAY TO A PYRATE'S HEART:Of drink and feasting. and Beyond piracy seem to be 2 forums with the same kinds of posts

Q: Latest post in "way to pirates heart"? A: what are you listening to?

So when people talk about clothing and ancillary items they are not grouped to gether but scattered about (Twill, Plunder, Rabble Rousing and who knows where else.)

Maybe some spring cleaning is needed and some re-organization. But maybe people who like to write Pirate Hiakus and Limericks are more inspired when they post them in Rabble Rousing than in Pirate PoP... I don't know.

But since I am being shouted down already I will just leave it alone.

PS

John, most of the authenticity disccusion about clothing happen in Twill... (as you know)

GOF

PS

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Hmmm, I'd be in favour of a seperate costume board - not to fragment the board but to concentrate the number of threads on clothing into one place. At the moment questions of an academic nature about the history of clothing belong in Captain Twill, while questions on how to make or buy such clothing belong in Plunder, whereas, IMHO, the second is a fairly logical extension of the first (or indeed vice versa). Which forum would the question"Which costume tailor is the most historically accurate?" belong?

However, I appear to be coming late onto this one and casting a losing vote.

For the record, thanks for the vote of confidence GOF, but I don't think I'd like to be a mod - I already do it on two other boards and it's nice to come here and not worry about what other people are doing. :lol:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I'd just like to add, that when a question pops up on the Initiates Forum I have to use a judgement call as to whether I should let it stay or put it where it could be answered better elsewhere. In the case of this question I thought it best answered by the Moderators of Plunder than me.

Please don't take any offense, I just felt Blackjohn or Capt. Grey could help more than I could.

Rumba Rue

**For every action there is an equal and opposite critisim** B)

I think this is a case of tryin' ta separate th' fly-specks from th' pepper. ;)

Probl'y an exercise in futility. The more we split hares (sorry Chuck Jones!), the more confusin' things'll get. Too many choices make me braims hurt! ;)

I, fer one, post sumptin' where it seems best ta me, an ifn' the moderators wanna move it, that's their choice. Knowledge an'experience is cumulative--usually, and since I've been aboard less than a year, I'll bow to the judgement of those what been here longer.

Yer doin' a good job, all ye moderators. Thanx, anna tip of th' Tricorn ta ye all. :ph34r:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

I am fully in support of a new sub-forum that will be dedicated to suggestions for new sub-forums. Show of hands, all who agree?

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

THE WAY TO A PYRATE'S HEART:Of drink and feasting. and Beyond piracy seem to be 2 forums with the same kinds of posts

Q: Latest post in "way to pirates heart"? A: what are you listening to?

Maybe some spring cleaning is needed and some re-organization. But maybe people who like to write Pirate Hiakus and Limericks are more inspired when they post them in Rabble Rousing than in Pirate PoP... I don't know.

GoF-

Sorry to throw salt on yer candleflame...

Since I joined this board, I've never liked the organization of certain areas nor the lack of certain others.

"Way to a Pirates Heart" - the title seems to indicate an area for emotional-type posts - if music isn't emotional, I don't know what is.

As for poetry and such (admittedly a weakness of mine) - I early on made a request for a separate section, which was denied. I hardly think poetry belongs in Pop - that seems to be the provence of PotC fandom - so I settled on Rabble as the closest thing available.

Not to worry - I'm now the Mod in my own Poetry section on another Pyrate board, so I won't be botherin' y'all with any more mis-posts.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius