Festiva de Piratas!

Mad Maudlin McCrumb

Saturday night, the 23rd of August, I took Captain Kora Roberts and her beau to the Festiva de Piratas in Portland Oregon. The pub itself was all decked out to look much like an old Tavern, which honestly I don't think was much of a stretch for it. The crowd was wild, willin' and well-dressed, almost everybody there was in their pyrate finest! The show started with Broadside Johnny singing a collection of old Sea Chanteys and firing up the rabble. Next came the Dolemites (hey Kora, correct me if I'm wrong, but it WAS them, next, wasn't it?) and they ROCKED the house with some raunchy sea tunes including one about Lizzie Borden where they lit half the stage on fire!! GREAT! Then Spinnaker took the stage with some old-fashioned deep-sea blues and folk action, including the one about "Oh Lord above/ send down a dove/ with beaks as sharp as razors/ to cut the throats/ of them thar blokes/ what sells bad beer to sailors!" I was delighted! Finally Capn' Bogg and Salty came on, and I have never heard such wild, fun, punk-ish, pirate themed stuff in my whole life! For an example of their two favorites, (and they played a LOT!) check out their website at www.boggandsalty.com where you can download "Scurvy" one of the funniest songs ever! And their cover of "Part of Your World" ... yes, from The Little Mermaid, you'll never think of the song the same way again! A grand time was had by all! And evidently this happens every year, around this time, as this was their 4th annual Festival, and it doubles in size every year! Let's make it even bigger next year!!!

:huh::lol::lol::lol::huh:

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"