Pirate Jewelry

Great steel boning info! I've always wondered what to look for at home depot.

i could just imagine the looks on non-period garb tye folks if i told them i was going to h \ome depot for materials for my corset or bodice ~ :huh:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

I find a good evil look and a reminder of period fighting techniques usually shuts the period nazis up. I know, at least in the SCA, the rules only say that you have to make your best attempt at period. Apparently, the period Nazis have ignored this part.

I can't stand people like that. You know, I do ren faires to have fun, not to have to deal with the likes of the nit-pickers, and frankly, I feel sorry for most of them having to stand in burning midday american sun in the summer, when the gown they are wearing was made for English weather... That's not very period now, is it?

Sorry, I'll conclude my rant now, and yes, it is a mighty good idea to dip the ends of the fishtape. And never use rigaline... it has no support, and no matter what you do, it will eventually work it's way through the fabric, usually into the skin of your under-arms or hips... >.<

As for the benefits of fishtape in making a farthingale ( hoopskirt ), I found that it's the best thing! You cut just over the lengths you want, then with a pair of good pliers, take some relatively thick wire, and bind the two ends together really tightly, in a spiral of wire. Mine's still holding up, and has survived many an arkward trip to the port-o-castle. ^_~ :lol:

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."