News from the set of PotC2!

Hope this is al'right, Iron Bess, I saw a link to these off of a JD site. O_o They're not mine!

Beware ye all of spoilers ahead! Cover yer deadlights if'n ye like to be spoil'r-free for the new films.

{URL was deleted to protect in the name of the pyracy pub. If'n yer dying for this information, ye must go treasure huntin on yer own, off this site.

~Blackheartedly, Pearl}

Hope this is al'right, Iron Bess, I saw a link to these off of a JD site. O_o They're not mine!

This is old news... they popped up on a few sites and Disney legal is already taking care of it. Well, the extra that shot them anyway...

Since these shots are already on the web they are considered toss aways meaning they will go on forever and there is nothing to be done for it.

They may take action against the sites though is anything further shows up once they have been notifed from Disney that they view it as a no-no.

(shrug)

Ain't life grand? :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Since these shots are already on the web they are considered toss aways meaning they will go on forever and there is nothing to be done for it.

Could you please explain that sentence? I don't undertand what you mean by "toss aways". :unsure:

They may take action against the sites though is anything further shows up once they have been notifed from Disney that they view it as a no-no.

So will sites get in trouble if they post the link to those pictures?

davyjones.gif

Could you please explain that sentence? I don't undertand what you mean by "toss aways". :unsure:

So will sites get in trouble if they post the link to those pictures?

Sure.

"Since these shots are already on the web"

Meaning they are already on websites.

"they are considered toss aways "

Meaning they are tossable. Throwaways. Gone. Out of our control.

"meaning they will go on forever and there is nothing to be done for it."

And meaning that the endless parade of people who have already seen them and saved them to their computers can pretty much do as they want with them. Save them, share them, whatever.

"So will sites get in trouble if they post the link to those pictures?"

Only if Disney catches them at it and they are looking now for sure. They will be tracing these where ever they go.

Did that help??

:ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

These look like pictures from a camera phone. Personally, I love candid shots showing the actors getting sprayed with hair spray. It reminds me of the hard work they go through to bring me the enjoyment of a story well told.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Sure did! Thanks Bess. :)

Good thing I didn't post any on my site...when I first saw them I had a feeling someone was going to get in trouble. Isn't that a breach of contract to be leaking info about the story or production? :ph34r:

Yeah, all the normal *You'll never work in this towne again* sort of threats.

(Shrug) Change their name and they'll work again. :unsure:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Sorry about that, I didn't know if it was realy frowned down upon so by you know... fellow pirates. XDDD

Just kidding, but really, sorry to the mods!

By now, tons of people have this link on their sites and saved on their computers. I'd've thought Disney would want them to take the pictures off the site, but the hosting site is quite large and often posts these sort of candid shots of unreleased films.

(They look more blurry than my camera phone pictures, really...)

But this is why I only work for Disney as an animator! Nothin' but a desk fer me.

Yo ho.

Why can't folks just wait until a movie is released?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I agree. Thar be a bizarre fascination of "bein' in the know" concernin' movies. It's a need, I think, ter have a secret. ("I know somethin' you don't know...neener,neener,neeeener")

I prefer to be surprised by everythin' that's coming up in any movie I see...and I have to really work hard at it, because I work in the entertainment field like Iron Bess, and am exposed to a lot of insider info...I tend to ignore it, though.

anyway...that be me 2 cents

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

But this is why I only work for Disney as an animator! Nothin' but a desk fer me.

Off Topic.

So, did you get to come to Tucson for the Extreme Makeover Home Edition segment at the Children's Hospital?? Did ya?, did ya? Just another fascination of mine.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I prefer to be surprised by everythin' that's coming up in any movie I see...and I have to really work hard at it, because I work in the entertainment field like Iron Bess, and am exposed to a lot of insider info...I tend to ignore it, though.

anyway...that be me 2 cents

Boy, that's the truth.

I go by or am on the set almost every day and STILL I *don't want to know* the entire strory. I want to go to the movies when it's done and have a good time like everyone else. True enough, I know a great deal about the story line but not how it all fits together... I've taken pains NOT to know.

I want the surprises. I want the fun of being cught off guard. :huh:

:ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I want the surprises. I want the fun of being cught off guard.  :ph34r:

This is a problem with sequels. The fans expect the excitement they felt when they came across a movie that was really good. But you can never quite get that. The characters are already defined by the previous movie, the situation oftens moves toward formula to meet fan expectations (even after one movie) and there's all this build-up and hype surrounding the production. Add the internet giving us opportunities to find out so much about the movie in advance and well neigh impossible to be surprised and delighted like you were when you discovered the first movie.

Still, it is fun to see the further adventures of... I just don't expect this to be quite the ride (hee hee) the first one was.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Why can't folks just wait until a movie is released?

I guess it's like when you were a little kid and couldn't wait to find out what yer Christmas gifts are. And same thing with yer birthday gifts too. Trying to find out before the actual day. Some people just don't like surprises and want to know ahead time. It's all I can gather as to why they want to know before.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I want the surprises. I want the fun of being cught off guard.   :ph34r:

This is a problem with sequels. The fans expect the excitement they felt when they came across a movie that was really good. But you can never quite get that. The characters are already defined by the previous movie, the situation oftens moves toward formula to meet fan expectations (even after one movie) and there's all this build-up and hype surrounding the production. Add the internet giving us opportunities to find out so much about the movie in advance and well neigh impossible to be surprised and delighted like you were when you discovered the first movie.

Still, it is fun to see the further adventures of... I just don't expect this to be quite the ride (hee hee) the first one was.

I find that if I *expect* to enjoy m'self I usually do.

If I go into a movie and *expect* to find fault with it then usually I will.

(Shrug) I'm not going to set m'self or anyone else up for dissapointment.

It is what it is and I *expect*it to be allot of fun. :huh:

:huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

If I go into a movie and *expect* to find fault with it I usually I will.

Excellent point. Everything in our world revolves around our perceptions and expectations. The movie will be neither good nor bad, only our perception of it (and implied judgement placed upon it) will make it so.

Geez, I sound like Pyrate Phil... :ph34r: (It's true, though.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Eager for the films also.. but.. Aye.. I prefer the surprise. LOL... like last time... I truly had NO idea what I watching.. until I purchased that ticket. Again, imagine my joy when I found out that it was a period film.. having just gotten back from a re-enactment.. & was going to indulge my thrill of seeing more gents in breeches! WOOHOO!

Yeah... there are TONS of people out there that are just TOO eager to know about the sequels to keep their mouths shut.

Kinda hard to get interested in something when people chatter about it a lot.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 months later...

Seeing those photos and the zillions of photos available on the internet through legitimate sources doesn't ruin the film for me.

The first movie was the surprise. I didn't know what to expect.

As for the sequels, we all have a pretty good idea where the movies will head.

I enjoy looking at the photos, whether from Fotobanka, Rex, Corbis, Getty or personal camera phones. I don't see how Disney can stop the photos circulating since the photography sites have similiar photos up on their websites and much clearer, even with the watermark.

The sequels have to be the most anticiapted movies yet...and the cost to make the film is skyrocketing.

kttcsignature.jpg