Prizes for Adult Pirates

Ahoy Mates,

I'm planning on mutining at the Az Ren Faire and holding me own Best Adult Pirate contest. I be needin some ideas for prizes for the adults. It must be G-rated. I'm planning on going right before the kiddie pirates so I can hold them hostage to be the judges. It also needs to cost less than $25. I not be made of gold mates. Your support in the mutinty is appreciated.

:ph34r::huh:B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

First off, I have to pull this together by Saturday morning. Second, each prize should be under $25 and I'm thinking 3 -4 big prizes with smaller ones for the honorable mentions. All winners will be handed a Letter of Marque declaring them one of the following:

Dread Pirate (Winner)

First Mate (First Runner Up)

Bossum (Second Runner Up)

with the following "Honorable Mentions"

Best Sword (there was a lovely one there last year..I hope he shows, he should have won)

Best Captain Jack Sparrow (we all know they will be there. I'm bringing one)

Best Wench Pirate (not sure on this one. maybe to sexist..give me your opinions)

Anyways, I really feel it's all about the recognition and not the prizes. A pirate just wants bragging rites. What do you get someone who's into pirates that they don't already have?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Hmmm, by saturday puts a damper on most of my ideas. What about a special silk sash? A take off on the various english orders. Could be worn as scarf, sash, arm band, leg band etc. Each colour or pattern etc, for each prize. If it were a yearly thing, you could kind of induct new "members."

Duchess

Go here and type PIRATE into the internal search engine....

you should find something there...

http://www.orientaltrading.com/

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

How about beer mugs?

Too bad about being on short notice. You can get all kinds of interesting things on eBay for cheap, but you have to wait for them to arrive.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

A pirate will (well might) like a disc of shanteys (you know our own pirate music) written on the seas and recorded for posterity fer the historical significance of it all! Then again some sites have nice knives on clearance with sheaths for 12.00 - 24.00$

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

If you have a Things Remembered near you, they have great steins and other nice gifts for that range and they can be engraved... that's assuming it was $25 for a gift. If less, wow, I'm at a loss.

Alternately, you may get Diosa to do a gift certificate for plundering her shop for advertising. You can see her stuff at http://www.piratesofthecoast.com/shop or email her at diosa@piratesofthecoast.com - she could also Fed Ex I suppose so it'd be there Friday.

Check out http://www.thingsremembered.com

They have some stores in Arizona... I think that's where your bio said you were...

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

What about a coupon or two for "drinks all around" plus the certificate? After all, we are all pirates! B)

B)

G-Rated, Jack2. That means no liquor. This is also why we can't meet at the Greyhound Guild. We are commandeering their stage. Me sis says the stage will most likely be guarded now that they know we plan to mutiny. So me next plan is to tell all the pirates we run across at the faire to be at the stage at 1pm for the contest thereby meeting the Faire's minimum requirement of "15".

I love to stir the pot.

~Black Hearted Pearl

Black Hearted Pearl, I think ... "All winners will be handed a Letter of Marque" would be enough....

I've taken your advice, however, I modified it. Since I can't very well authorize a Letter of Marque, I be just a humble pirate, I have come up with the following certificate.

Ye have been proclaimed

Privateer Captain

By the Privateers Of Sonoran Seas Extraordinaire, (POSSE)

whilst attending the

2005 Arizona Renaissance Faire Pirate Days.

This award entitles the bearer to

three Huzzahs for a job well done

and

the first round of grog is on you.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

~Black Hearted Pearl