• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pain in my heart,

caused by you, you, you, you, you

Love is not a gadget, love is not a toy

When you find the one you love, he'll fill your heart with joy

Rummy's song: Tears on my Pillow

I'll admit i had to look up the title, but i recognized the song from Grease. It's been drivin me nuts for days!

Okay, here's another funky obscure one from me:

Based on your smile,

I'm betting all of this

Might be over soon.

But I'm on your side,

'Cause if I'm bettin' against you,

I think I'd rather lose.

Desperado

I actually learned how to pluck that out on a piano key board and played and sang it to my sister one christmas after her fifth divorce..................

Love that song actually I wish someone in Hollywood would have gotten a screen play done around the whole album it would have been a great storyline to interweave the musics own story with a good plot.

Ok Ok

"Everyone was hangin out

Hangin up and hangin down

Hangin in and holdin fast"

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Joan Baez / Diamonds & Rust

(just heard it on my XM today and recognized the lyrics!!)

Here's one we played in the last band I was in....

I used to spend my money, to make you look real sweet

I wanted to be proud of you when we walked down the street

Now don't ask me to dress you up, in satin and in silk

Your eyes look like two cherries in a glass of bottled milk

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Laddy this was me first (what I now call me first) Big band album I ever bought! Grammercy fer the remind! Don't be rollin them bloodshot eyes at me! It were great I played the shyte out of it.

"You can hear the boats go by

You can spend the night beside her

And you know that she's half crazy"

Rumba (it's a different Boats) wouldn't want ta gets him in trouble ye know!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Laddy this was me first (what I now call me first) Big band album I ever bought! Grammercy fer the remind! Don't be rollin them bloodshot eyes at me! It were great I played the shyte out of it.

Believe it or not, Pat Benatar did an amazing job of covering Bloodshot Eyes on her album True Love. Quite a departure from her usual stuff (which I love), this album is quite a treat and although not commercially successful, one of my favorite disks.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Believe it or not, Pat Benatar did an amazing job of covering Bloodshot Eyes on her album True Love. Quite a departure from her usual stuff (which I love), this album is quite a treat and although not commercially successful, one of my favorite disks.

Absoeffinglutely!

"You can hear the boats go by

You can spend the night beside her

And you know that she's half crazy"

leonard cohens "Suzanne" Judy Collins made it most famous!

ok then lets do another!

And deep beneath the rolling waves

In labyrinths of coral caves

An echo of a distant time

Comes willowing across the sand

Pink Floyd, "Meddle"?

and this...

When you make love, do you look in the mirror?

Who do you think of, does he look like me?

Do you tell lies and say that it's forever?

Do you think twice, or just touch 'n' see?

When you're alone, do you let go?

Are you wild 'n' willin' or is it just for show?

I don't wanna touch you too much baby

'Cos making love to you might drive me crazy

I know you think that love is the way you make it

So I don't wanna be there when you decide to break it

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

:lol::huh::P

Just one of my favorite songs by one of my all time favorite bands...

and an easy one, to boot! Can't believe no one has gotten it yet!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

How 'bout

I am just a new boy, stranger in this town.

Where are all the good times? Who's gonna show this stranger around?

Oo, I need a dirty woman. Oo, I need a dirty gal.

Will some woman in this desert land make me feel like a real man?

Take this rock and roll refugee, oo, babe, set me free.

8889961564257193a222f0.gifmirageus1.gif

Young Lust / Pink Floyd (The Wall)

<I can't believe I beat Diego on that one...he must not have been on line :ph34r: >

Here's another easy one...

I went partyin’ the other night

I started drinking and got real tight

I bought a round for all my friends

I felt so good I had to do it again

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg