Pirate Metal!!!!!

After slavin' in Capn' Pike's studio for 2 years I can honestly say I can no longer stand metal.

Listenin' to the same Metallica CD over an' over will do that...I'm bleedin' from m'ears!

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys, newbie here. i found this topic through Google and i know it's old, but i figured that i'd make my contribution anyways :D

one of the only "pirate metal" bands i know of is Equilibrium. although they're not really piratey lyric wise (it's actually in German) some their music has different pirate elements to it: http://www.equilibrium-metal.de/

they have some mp3s to download on their site, i suggest Shingo Murata, Widars Hallen or Tote Heldensagen (parts of the last two sound piratey) those are the only three on their site that they have for download. other songs of theirs are Die Prophezeiung and Met.

just a word of warning, they're Death/Black Metal, so have fun with it :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Flogging Molly does at least two songs about pirates that I can think of, and Dropkick Murphys do several revamped versions of old Irish/Scottish songs I could defanently imagine pirates singing...

Everyone loves an Irish girl. ;)

Mad Molly

• 4 months later...

Now, now Pynch! Just listenin' to any one CD will spoil anyone's take on a band. Even the greatest of all time, Metallica!

Get a couple different ones and come back to the fold, lass. There's still room for ya.

:ph34r:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

• 2 months later...

Verbal Deception are awesome! I stole me username off their site.

They'd have to be me favourite Pirate Metal band, although 'Lord Of The Seas' by NoMan's Land is an awesome Pirate Metal song. Oddly enough, I found this site today through a google search for 'Pirate Metal'. B)

A few other cool bands: HardRight CLICK HERE

I dunno how piratey their music is, but the call themselves Pirate Metal, and the song 'No Remorse' is good.

Dark Cove CLICK HERE

I dunno how good they are, haven't gotten a chance to listen yet, but they seem pretty weird.

"A Merry Life To Savage Men Who Stand by Freedom's Right,

Fuiling Rum To Arm Our Drive And Raid This Ship In Sight. YARRR!"

-"Voyage" by Verbal Deception