How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, we lost our youngest cat, Jack Jr. He was a purebred Russian Blue, and the kindest, most loving cat I've ever had the joy of knowing. He would have been five years old next month.

We found out today that he was born with a congenital kidney defect. Cats born with the particular defect he had will appear to be healthy, and will not present any symptoms whatsoever until they've lost over 75% of their kidney function and their bone marrow stops producing new red blood cells. Unfortunately in his case, there's nothing we could have done to save him even if we'd known.

Please, if you have a purebred pet of any breed, have them screened. Purebreds are much more likely than mixed breeds to have health conditions.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Salty glad you're ok.

Jack, my condolences to you and Janelle. It's always hard losing pets. They are such family members. Prayers to you.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Yesterday, we lost our youngest cat, Jack Jr. He was a purebred Russian Blue, and the kindest, most loving cat I've ever had the joy of knowing. He would have been five years old next month.

We found out today that he was born with a congenital kidney defect. Cats born with the particular defect he had will appear to be healthy, and will not present any symptoms whatsoever until they've lost over 75% of their kidney function and their bone marrow stops producing new red blood cells. Unfortunately in his case, there's nothing we could have done to save him even if we'd known.

Please, if you have a purebred pet of any breed, have them screened. Purebreds are much more likely than mixed breeds to have health conditions.

Awwwww....Jack I'm so sorry to hear about this. *hugs* :P My cousin's cat is also a Russian Blue as well. Little Einstein (yeah, my cousin named him that, lol!) is about 11 years old now. I should let him know about this, but since he's an older cat he might be okay by now. I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy when you lose a pet. Poor little kitty. :P

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

sorry to hear of your kitty.

impatiently waiting for the temps to finally get out of the sub-freezing domain!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Mad Jack, I am very sincerely sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. I wish there were words I could give you to ease your pain. I know how truly difficult it is to lose a pet. My deepest sympathy.

Hugs, Much Love, Thoughts and Prayers are with you and yours. May your furry friend be at peace walking in the light of the Summerland.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Excited for when the wee lad wakes up in the morning to see that the Easter Bunny came to visit him.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

great B) got my new ed delivered yesterday and had the best (but short) sleep in a long time

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Um..do you mean bed? Or whom is Ed? <_<

I am tired but it was a nice day. Ate a good meal, learned to glaze a ham * thanks Mom *, talked over childhood memories with me brothers. Saw the whole family. A wee surprise. A nice day.

* Yawwwwwn *

Completely, totally, utterly bored!!!!!!!!!!! B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

awww, is there any thing I can do for ya Captain to take away the boredom? B)

Oh I can think of something... I'm sure... B) How are ye feeling?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Still a bit tired. Finally over the flu.

Oooh and I be excited about tomorrow.

So wanna play a game of chess?

Game of Chess sounds good. Been wanting to play chess with my nephew for a few days now. Haven't been able to.

Sorry to hear about the kitty, Jack. That's terrible.

I'd be devastated if Magellan died. Heck, what am I saying... I WILL be devastated when he dies.

Hope you have plenty of pictures of the kitty cat and tons of memories of your baby.

The cat is in kitty heaven.

Well, I'm sick again. :lol:

Hate being sick. Getting mighty old.

Having some issues with my Crew. Beginning to wonder if these people really want to do any of these events. From what they tell me they are intimidated on having meetings before events, working on and making outfits, about having weapons and generally doing anything at events.

So.. yeah. On top of all the crap, I feel like I have some people who are tearing me down.

I need to find some folks willing and able to have some fun at events and not sit on their bums just dressed in cheesy outfits. :o

Help.

Vehicle breakdown again. With all the damn pot holes... yeah, broke the PoS that I've been using.

Joyful.

Just went I'm planning on PyrateCon... all this happens. :o

Glad you are over the flu, BriarRose. Not fun being sick with the flu.

~Lady B

:o

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Awwww, Lady B...I hope you are feeling better soon yerself. Hugs to ya.

Still a bit tired. Finally over the flu.

Oooh and I be excited about tomorrow.

So wanna play a game of chess?

Glad to hear it... how about cards? Loo? over at the Kate later perhaps?

Crewe of the Archangel

Game of Chess sounds good. Been wanting to play chess with my nephew for a few days now. Haven't been able to.

Sorry to hear about the kitty, Jack. That's terrible.

I'd be devastated if Magellan died. Heck, what am I saying... I WILL be devastated when he dies.

Hope you have plenty of pictures of the kitty cat and tons of memories of your baby.

The cat is in kitty heaven.

Well, I'm sick again. :lol:

Hate being sick. Getting mighty old.

Having some issues with my Crew. Beginning to wonder if these people really want to do any of these events. From what they tell me they are intimidated on having meetings before events, working on and making outfits, about having weapons and generally doing anything at events.

So.. yeah. On top of all the crap, I feel like I have some people who are tearing me down.

I need to find some folks willing and able to have some fun at events and not sit on their bums just dressed in cheesy outfits. :o

Help.

Vehicle breakdown again. With all the damn pot holes... yeah, broke the PoS that I've been using.

Joyful.

Just went I'm planning on PyrateCon... all this happens. :o

Glad you are over the flu, BriarRose. Not fun being sick with the flu.

~Lady B

:o

Oi don't quit now... the worms will weed themselves out...just keep trying to do yer best...

Crewe of the Archangel

Sure, I love to play cards....let me first though finish the game of chess with the dear Lady B.

Excited...Nervous....hmmmm...Apprehensive <_<

Stick with excited Lady... don't let the others creep in on you

Crewe of the Archangel

Thanks...Hugs to Ya!!

Engrossed....a day off full of things to go thru and have some fun time <_<

Had a scare early this morning (really early - 3:30 am.) I woke up to some extreme pain in my chest and for a minute thought I might be having a heart attack. I couldn't imagine how this would possibly happen since I'm in good shape, eat very healthily and don't have a family history of heart problems. And I'm not on HRT so that's not a factor. But the chest pain was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before.

I waited for other symptoms and other than the pain radiating from my chest, didn't have them. So I got up - waiting to see if I got lightheaded, which I didn't - and went to the washroom for some Pudin Hara. That did the trick. Apparently, I had been experiencing the most painful indigestion of my life for reasons unknown to me. I'm fine this morning - a bit tired from the loss of sleep, but okay. I still need to figure out what caused this - everything I ate yesterday I've had many times before.

Sheesh - I know it beats the alternative, but growing older sucks!

RHJMap.jpg