How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park yesterday (about ten minutes or less from my home) with some friends. While I enjoyed riding around on my scooter, I was highly disappointed that many things had changed and in my opinion not for the better....actually saw very little when it came to animals. Geeze the San Diego Zoo has more!

Never got to go on the 'new' tram through the 'wild Africa' stuff, the line was hideously long and when it's 90 degrees out, waiting in line was not going to happen.

Starting to look at mobile homes/manufactured homes in the prospect of us having to move to a bigger place. Can't afford a house here, so the latter is the best we can do. We just want to find a place that's bigger than our 1 bedroom apartment where we can settle down to a hopefully quiet life for our 'senior' years.

Gawd, me a senior citizen....that's really scary!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm smiling watching some vids and having some DiSaronno

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Had a brilliant time at Pike's River, but still hot, wet and shaking sand out of everything. The Marchs, as always, are truly great hosts for puttting up with me and the snotties between events... especially since I am as sick as a dog still... I think I shall keel over and die come Paynetown... which could prove to be very impressive for the Living History aspect of the event.... :huh::rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Sterling,

You are nothing if not dedicated lol..maybe the sand will prove theraputic!

nothing but totally insane... but I have come to the conclusion after the last few events, that the real guys, doing such far more often than we reenactors, must have been some amazingly tough guys and in VERY good shape.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Well, for those of us who do this part time, it IS tough. I'm a software trainer; I spend 85% of my time at work sitting in front of a computer. I have the occasional weeks standing up in a classroom all day, but it's not as though I'm lifting and running. Only reason I don't collapse during a reinactment weekend is because I exercise every day.

I'm willing to bet most of us have similarly sedentary jobs. Imagine what kind of shape we'd be in if to get from point A to point B we had to walk. Or ride horseback. Or haul sails. Every day.

RHJMap.jpg

bout as nice as a rattler wit diaper rash.

last bit o pottery and no heart to do it.

Cheers good mates,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

1) Like wishing Long Tom happy birthday early - Happy 42 Long Tom!

2) Like endulging...just not saying in wot

Bored.

I was thinking..this past weekend I went down the Saco river in Maine with a bunch of friends dressed as pirates, haha and we ran into a bunch of jerks. I was thinking how great it would have been if I had a flintlock pistol..but loaded with riot control rubber bullets? Would that work at all? haha

"I'm no fencing master, but I had some schoolin' in the art of cold steel"

Surprised...

Yesterday I recieved a surprise

Dance.. dance.. dance

Cats love surprises.... :lol:B)

Absolutely Fabulous! And I am in the mood to be very Kittenish tonight....meeeow. :(

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

So Phil, how will you feather your empty nest?

My nephew starts Jr. High this year...I don't know how he got so much older so fast. I know I didn't :lol:

It is a lazy, rainy Sunday. And I am enjoying cuddling on the couch. Dorian and I are watching a QED special on the War that Made America.

Me thinks I will make a nice warm cup of tea with honey and maybe a wee bit of Drambuie and just snuggle down for a bit and enjoy the day.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

So Phil, how will you feather your empty nest?

My nephew starts Jr. High this year...I don't know how he got so much older so fast. I know I didn't B)

I really don't know - we've been a crew of three for so long, it'll feel all wrong.

I was actually just thinking tonight that since my youngest (9) doesn't seem to be THAT fanatical about pyrates and will probably be even less so without his brother there, I might end up doing a solo act. B)

And yes - the "getting older" thing - it seems like yesterday I was attending his grade-school graduation. And I still had all my hair.

*sigh*

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Exhausted! The wee lad has worn me out today. He is now in bed. Time for Mommy and Daddy to have a drink. Hmmm, now what shall I have....Disaronno on the rocks me thinks. B)

Ahh, poor Lily. I am sorry you are hurtin' so bad. If I was there I would give you a massage that would ease your pain and discomfort. Hope you feel better dear.

Red Cat walks in the pub, shakes off th rain and waves t' Ray for a drink..."aye..good to be back" B)

The week has been long and tis only Tuesday.

I am enjoying the pitter-patter sound of rain. I am content at the moment.

Absolutely Refreshed. I just go a shower and used me favorite Lavendar soap. And I am about to slather some Lavendar lotion on. Mmmm, it smells so good.

Very worried. I had to take one of my dogs back to the vet (She's been sick for a couple of weeks). They ended up keeping her there to have some proceedure to take a sample out of her lungs. We're hoping it's pnumonia. Odd thing to hope for but the other alternative is worse. At least I'll be able to bring her home tonight. She is the sweetest most loveable dog I've ever known. I pray she is going to be all right. This just isn't my week.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Very worried. I had to take one of my dogs back to the vet (She's been sick for a couple of weeks). They ended up keeping her there to have some proceedure to take a sample out of her lungs. We're hoping it's pnumonia. Odd thing to hope for but the other alternative is worse. At least I'll be able to bring her home tonight. She is the sweetest most loveable dog I've ever known. I pray she is going to be all right. This just isn't my week.

I am very sorry, Lily. I will say a prayer for you and her. I hope she will be alright. If you need to talk I am here.

I know how difficult it is to have a sick pet, especially when the pet is more like a family member than a pet. You and she are in my thoughts. Please keep me posted on how she is doing.