How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 5'3", Jacky. And Mr. H. is 5'9".

And Lily, I need lessons on how NOT to lead.

I was at an English Country Dance a little while ago, and they ended the event with a "last waltz". I don't actually waltz, but I was tired of always sitting out the last dance. I noticed that one of the men who is an excellent (trained) dancer was also on the sidelines, so I got brave and asked him to dance, explaining that I didn't really know how to waltz.

I asked him for some advice, and he replied "Just think in threes".

So, we started whirling around the dancefloor.

Partway through the dance, I noticed a change in the "feeling" of the movement. I asked my partner, "Oh, no ... am I leading now?"

"Yes," he replied, "but don't worry about it."

~~~

And I feel fine, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PykzyxWYS3Y

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Perplexed...

Saw the picture o' BriarRose, thought she were taller.

Bore no resemblance t' an elf, wotsoever.

Aye, Jacky, dear, I am truly only 5' 3" in height although most people do think I appear taller than I really am. And I have red hair wih blue-green eyes.

I come a family were on both sides the women range from 5'6" to 6' and the men range from 5'11" to 7'2". There are only three of us in the family that got the short gene.....me mom, me and me cousin, Megan.

As to lookin' like an elf....all I can say is that was one of me nicknames in high school. So I will take what you say as a compliment.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

And Lily, I need lessons on how NOT to lead.

Hester,

For lasses, learning how NOT to lead takes as much practice as lads learning How to lead. Part of it is really trusting your partner. Which is difficult if you only dance with someone once or twice.

I've had one dance partner (not my mate either) that was really able to lead me while dancing. At first, he used to blindfold me while we practiced so I had no choice but to trust him. He was also very commanding on the dance floor so he made it easy for me once the blindfold was off.

Lesson 1 for lasses: Practice with your eyes closed.

This is so much easier to explain in person..

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Now you made me laugh.  :lol:   ;)

Look at the bright side, you're taller than me.  I'm only 5'1"

Lily, dear, I am glad I was able to make you laugh.

Oh, and by the way....we are getting more green paint to finish up the other canvas drop cloth....I guess I will be needin' me Lucky Charms... ;)

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Gotcha, Lily. Thank you. :)

Well... to say the least... I'm feeling rather inferior. Mostly cause of an issue yesterday in which made me want to quit everything I was doing including school.

I had worked my project horse for an hour, walked him for over 5 minutes, then took him in the back, removed the saddle and briddle, put him in the stall to cool down a wee bit more as he was mighty warm and sweaty. While doing that, I put the saddles away and swept up after myself ( before anyone else would, which they are not suppose to do). Reason for my letting him cool in his stall for a couple minutes was the water is super cold, ice cold there. And I was NOT about to pummel him with cold water after working on a hot day as it was yesterday (granted I didn't work him too hard, just some basic walks, halts, slow trots/jogs, turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches).

Now, what pissed me off and made me feel incredibly inferior was a couple classmates decided to take my project horse out of his stall without my permission, without talking to me first, and brought him up to the washrack, telling me "that my horse comes first" and that I should continue on sweeping they will deal with my horse for me. It took me twice to get them to back off, as I told them he's my horse to deal with and I will give him a rinse off, again, I told them that twice. Finally they backed off. But for them to remove my project horse from his stall without my permission and tell me I was neglecting my horse when honestly I wasn't... it really hurt me terribly! I was in tears for over an hour yesterday and it's still taking me this long to calm down.

It's like someone ripping your kid away from your house and then telling you "you are not fit to be a parent". Ouch is right!

Sorry, but if it's so wrong to douse a hot or warm, sweaty horse with freezing cold water, then perhaps I'm in the wrong business. I'm not about to throw a horse's body into shock from the extreme of hot to cold. I know how it feels, it's not pleasant. I've nearly stopped breathing from it myself. Again, I'm not going to put a horse through that when I know he's not too fond of cold or cool water.

And I've seen him many times. He doesn't like buckets much with water in them for a variety of reasons. Mostly he's too smart that he likes the fresh water from the auto waterers rather than from the buckets that gather dirt and other gross stuff too easily. He wants fresh water, no bucket water.

So, that's my issue... feeling mighty inferior.

There are a couple other issues that are bothering me, too. But at the moment, I will not explain.

So is my life, folks. A drama, isn't it? I wish it wasn't. :lol: All I want is absolute peace.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lady B..little little people do little little things...

Just step over them and keep going.

It's 4:45 and it's quiet and peaceful..ahhhhh

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

It's tough to come up with retorts right when you need 'em (hey - you don't throw cold water on a hot horse. Get away from him before you do any more damage!)

However, I can tell you that KNOWING that you are in the right will help you answer folks who try to make you inferior. It doesn't sound as if you are at that place right now; my best advice is to really start believing in yourself and your abilities to avoid stuff like this happening again. People like that can sense when someone feels unsure about themselves and they use that as a weapon; they aren't so sure about themselves, but they'll feel superior if they've brought someone else down.

This isn't the last time this will happen, but if you start truly believing in yourself, it won't happen as often and you'll come out of it in better shape.

RHJMap.jpg

I feel like the soft, sun warmed wood of a ships deck, a nice breeze snapping the canvas above and somewhere close by..palm trees.

I feel Wonderful! We just got back from our first day of land grab at Pennsic. YEAH!! There are no words that can truly describe the atmosphere of being there. It is Magical, Exciting and also Peaceful.

wit m' hands an fingers

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Estatic, we got our encampment completed today. All the work is done and now we can play up at Pennsic. :o

Absolutely Wonderful. We just got done working on the truck. I was able to help Dorian rotate the tires, put on new roters and brakes. The little guy had fun watching us work. Little man just loves cars and trucks.

And now I am putting my wee one to sleep. Mmmm, what a Wonderful World it can be.

well enough,

bisquing half a set of dinner ware and throwing the other half :lol:

Bloody upset with me coworkers..among other things.

I was supposed to work with this girl I like tomorrow morning. She decides to let me know that she doesn't have to work..in a manner like she's rubbing it in.

I wonder if this had any bearing on the fact that I tried to ask her out and failed...

On another note..not a damned drop of rum in my house to make things all better.

Boo.

;)

"I'm no fencing master, but I had some schoolin' in the art of cold steel"

Aye trying ta wake up and sort out a nights work.....

2 jars, 3 bowls, and 11 plates.

Worn out.

I had a very long and busy day. My projects were constantly interupted. I finally get out the door tonight to pick up an external harddrive, which I desperately need for memory and backup. I drive clear across town to Best Buy, only to learn that the drive I wanted had gone up in price $60.

Then, a ray of sunshine. The manager discounts it for me, lowering it back to the sale price. I write out a check and then I realize that I don't have any I.D. on me...so I drive all the way back home with no drive. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Worn out....and pissed.

Yay, my product that I designed is going to be sold at Walmart., the greatest retailer on the planet.

that

Boo, my product I that designed is going to be sold at Walmart, those fuckers ( this is appropriate language) are destroying manufacturing and everything else on Earth to sell their dumb-downed product. I have chosen to design sneakers so I wouldn't have to work for Nike, another evil entity. I am desparately trying to go into business for myself. You walk into the sneaker department and you will know Matusalem, God save me. Now.

SHIP2-1.jpg

William that sux. I hope he'll hold the price for you.

I'm actually starting to relax. But only in the sense that I don't have to work for the next few days. I don't have to do everything at a dead run as usual. Sigh. MAybe I'll go swimming..

Whoa..Matt..!! :blink: Share?

Did she give you the green light or something?

Heehee well...ok

Long as it was fun :huh: