Belaying pins

Would there be a market here for small wooden belaying pins? By small, I mean 11 inches long overall, with a 3/4 inch diameter pin and between 1 and 1 1/4 inches in diameter. I dunno if this size could actually be used on a sailing vessel, but it would make a nice addition to a sailor's kit, aye?

I do not have pictures just yet... I'll get some tommorrow.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Funny, we were just watching the Crimson Pirate and saw them all use belaying pins as weapons... so we were just casting about for some...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I occasionally carry one on my belt. It's pretty lightweight (compared to some others I've hefted) and was made by a wonderful craftsman at the Tall Ships Festival in Dana Point one year (a long time ago). The same craftsman has taken to making miniture ones that he gave out to PRP members one year - many of us have attached pin backings and have them attached to our outfits.

If someone were to say something about the large belaying pin I carry, I just smile and say nothing. Let their imaginations run wild. ;)

Rumba Rue

**Wench, carries unusual stick** ;)

sounds interesting although my kit is really full as it is what i should be looking for is a feast gear set but this sounds like more fun and easier to carry around

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Belaying_Pins.JPG

The one on the left is stained in red mahogany, and the one on the right is fresh from the lathe (and sanded)

I'm thinking $10 for unfinished (natural/stain it yourself)

and $15 for finished (stained in red mahogany and finished with clear varnish)

And then shipping, I need to find out how much that will run.

As these are hand made by myself, there will be slight variations from pin to pin, but I am sticking closer now to the design on the right. The one on the left was the first one I made.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

I like the one on the right too. Probably easier to do I suspect.

I think it would be funny to hollow one out and put a small battery pack in it so it would vibrate. Now that's a pick up line that'll get you a laugh. But I guess in Pyrate Phil's case it'll get you a line on ''self matter's".

Rumba Rue

** ;) **

that truly would be an interesting piece however not quite in tune with me outfit

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

I had me one o' those, but some bespectacled brat with a lightning-bolt scar on 'is forehead grabbed it from me. I raised me cutlass at 'im, but he pointed that thar belayin' pin at me, and when he yelled "Wingardium leviosa", me cutlass flew into the air...

...Then he jumped on the back o' a hippogriff, and flew away.

Serious.

I need me a drink.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg