I call my pirate clothing...

What do you call your pirate "clothing"  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call your pirate "clothing"

• kit
    • costume
    • garb
    • other

Just kind of curious.... I have always assumed that those that came into "pirate" via SCA called it Garb. Others that have sailed in from other re-enacting time periods seem to call it "kit" or something else....

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I've called my pirate clothes "funnies" from the very begining while sailing on the Lady Washington. Since coming to the east coast, I've slipped garb into my vocabulary, but I still generally stick to funnies.

Coastie :ph34r:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

i call clothes garb and things like my tankard my kit or stuff my favorite is stuff

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

I call it garb, because when I started in SCA, that's what everyone else called it! Before that, I probably would have called it a costume, but now, that brings to mind Halloween and Ren Faires. Not that there's anything wrong with Ren Faires, but...

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In refrence I call it garb., but really I prefer to call it clothing., cause its what it is.

I think of a costume as a sort of one night inexpensively made type outfit.

A good muslin shirt and cotton pants and real leather boots to me is hardly a costume. Clothing., I would definitely say period clothing., you can run tumble fumble .,drink !!! fall down., work and even frolic in them., no costume is going to hold up to all this piratin' abuse.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"