School of the Musketeer

Hawkyns

For those of you who do the early side of things, late 16th early 17th C, there is a School of the Musketeer being held in Philadelphia, April 29 to May 1.

http://home.att.net/~trmarr/

This is sponsored by a couple of groups that are very active in the 17th C re-enactment community and is a combined education and recruiting event. It will be hands on with powder but no ball. There will also be sword, pike and cannon classes, and a 17th century civilian track for those not so interested in the military arts.

Contact the organiser or ask me if you have questions. It has been quite successful in past years and will be again. Come on down!

Hawkyns

:huh:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

That looks extremely entertaining! I might have to make a serious effort to get there. Too bad that I have roughly zero chance of being able to drag any of my family members along if I do end up going. It looks like the sort of event that would be more fun if you have some family or friends along for the ride.