New Cannon

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Well, I've been threatening to do this for a bit, and finally got the cash together. This Cannon isn't huge, but it is full scale, with a 44mm bore:

Cannon_Victory.jpg

VictoryFire1.jpg

And here's a video of it being fired:

Cannon Firing

I am thouroughly impressed with this piece so far. :)

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

No, it's a wooden carriage... teak perhaps? I dunno... it's from Wild Imports

I've been looking at getting that piece, someone had posted a link to it last year. Do you like it ? - It seems like a good deal for the price.

Have you tried either lead shot or a golf ball yet ? :)

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Yeah - I've been scouting out local places I can take it to for some real fun.

BTW - Did you get the optional casting kit ?

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

Port Tortuga

I got the powder measure, but not the ball mold... my order was right at $1000 as it was total with shipping. Shipping time on this was 3 buisness days too. like lightning!

:huh:

I figure if I *do* shoot "live" ammo out of it, it will just be golf balls. I may try to get ahold of some over-sized cannonballs for display though. Oversized so some dumb@$$ doesn't try loading it up while it's on display :lol:

I would definately recommend it if it's in your budget... the only other comparable price I've seen is from dixie for this piece:

MC0627.jpg

Click here to see the product info page for this 1/2 scale carronade

It has a slightly longer barrel, but has a slightly smaller bore, and no carriage. But it's under $500, so if you're feeling ambitious, this would be a nice piece too. If we try to buy another large piece, it will probably be that one. I recently also bought an Elgin Pistol kit from them for my "eating dagger" :lol: and it's pretty nice.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Thanks for the link to the one at Dixi - thats a nice looking piece too.

I'll have to give that one some consideration - one thing I noticed is that there is no mention of jacketing. The one from Wild Imports is jacketed if I remember right.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

Port Tortuga

My mistake - the Dixi gun is steel jacketed, and they have a ball mold for it too :)

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

Port Tortuga

• 4 months later...

Cap'n Mac First off .., Where ya been? Havent read any posts from you in a long while., Are you OUT HERE !!!!

I am very curious about this gun?., Is this the HMS Victory Salute in Bronze with 1.75 inch bore?.., I am really interested in it and am considering adding it to the collection. I am hoping you can tell us how loud it is., and if you have fired a projectile? and are you happy for the bucks (Bang for Buck ratio)?

To me it of its what I am thinking it is., then I gotta get one pretty soon.

Everything I have is Cast Iron., and 1 custom *nickel-Stainles. I do need a bronze.

Please advise.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 3 weeks later...

Capn' Mac where ever you are My HMS Victory came in today July 1 . So I'll be blastin away on the 4th with it., Cheers to you where ever you may be sir. :lol:

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Happy 4th..., The little guns are here. Ka-Boom.

Tropicocannons21.jpg

This little 13" barrel is called a firecracker cannon as a firecracker (Black-Cat) gets breech loaded for a safe little bang and a flame !

Tropicocannons22.jpg

Huzzah !

Tropicocannons23.jpg

The Wild Imports H.M.S. Victory Signal Cannon in bronze. Yes after a short debate on a yes or a no....., definitely well worth it for a bronze., makes a great display piece by yer ships wheel.,a good report and an easy clean-up.

Tropicocannons25.jpg

Aye, I'm still alive, contrary to stories ye may 'ave heard... ;)

Been here and there and everywhere in the past couple months... been a bit busy, had to shut down the shop, as I no longer have access to the tools, lost a few crew members due to the divorce, b ut everything is finally getting back on track.

During the tussle, several of my small cannons, daggers, and both my pistols were stolen :( But we still have our Victory cannon... Working on re-building the crew with more suckers... I mean volunteers ;)

I've missed you guys these past weeks... Be'in adrift in the vast ocean of real life has really sucked. Hopefully the Rum Fairy will visit me soon... me birthday bein on the 30th and all

:ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg