Striving for accuracy....

dasNdanger

Tea... isn't that something you throw ice into on a hot summer's day here? :lol:

Part of my heritage is in the British Isles, so perhaps one day I'll get to enjoy the countryside and pubs in person... of course, the other half of me is German so it's constantly World War II in my head...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm constantly told here that we can't possibly know what happened in the past, so yes, I think I'll carry on believing that the end of the American Revolution (or the "Colonial Scuffle" as we call it over here) was brought about on English terms. It is after all a long and well known tradition... :lol:

My screen name, "Foxe" has a very simple origin. It's my off-screen name too. My father had it, and I believe his father too. I only met HIS father a few times when I was very young so I can't be expected to remember his name but it may have been Foxe (or Fox, different branches of the family use different spellings). Prior to that I wasn't alive so I can't say for certain. Over here it means a sly or clever person, or more recently an attractive you lady. I'm fairly sure I'm not one of those...

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Lets just don't let this turn into one of those "we saved your @ss" kind of threads that pit the UK and US against each other.

Just take a step back and look at world events. While like the US, the UK does have its portion of Jerry Springer Show morons; We, the US, have NO BETTER friend than the UK.

SO.... back to why we hate Hollywood & Authentic pirates! :lol:

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!