Pirates in the East Kingdom

I am looking for pirates crews/groups in the East Kingdom of the SCA. Particularly in the Malegentia (Maine) area. I am a recent member of the SCA, and am trying to work on a pirate persona. I would appreciate any help that current members can offer. Thank You much for any aid.

The Jackyl

:huh:

"Ita Devexus Quando Hic Adveni..."

("It was sinking when I got there...")

Lad, I hope you get an answer from somebody here.. out here in the An Tir/ West area the pointy hats look down on us scallywags, and tend to try to ignore our presence. I'm just waitin for one of us to get knighted! hAr har!!

:huh:

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

If I can make two suggestions for finding a pirate guild-

First, check the list of crews to sign on with at No Quarter Given. http://www.noquartergiven.net/crews.htm

I had the same problem when I tried to locate a pirate guild in northern CA. They were either all in southern CA, or they had died out. (later I did find one very small, strictly renaissance era pirate guild)

Being that there were no groups to join here, I had two choices- don't pirate or start my own. So I started my own. I had never taken on anything like this before. I was very fortunate to meet a terrific lady at the Pirate Faire who encouraged me to go for it and took me under her wing as a mentor. When I had questions I emailed her and she helped me get the guild through it's start-up phase and in taking it's first steps.

It took off like gangbusters mates. Exceeded my wildest expectations tenfold. That's the beauty of starting up a guild in an area where there isn't one... Ye' be the only pirate game in town!! There has never been a better time to start a guild than now, what with the current popularity of pirates after Pirates of the Caribbean.

I promised myself that one day, if I met someone interested in starting up a guild, that I would help them along as my pirate mentor helped me-So if you're thinking about starting your own, I'd like to give you my encouragement to do so and also to offer my help if you would like it.

You're welcome to email me at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Thank you all for your encouragement and help. It is looking as if I may need to start a guild. If I need advice I am glad there are those out there to help.

Thanks

"Ita Devexus Quando Hic Adveni..."

("It was sinking when I got there...")

• 1 month later...

Jackyl,

There IS an East Kingdom Pirates group in the SCA; I just got on their mailing list the other day; don't recall the e-address off-hand. Elias Gedney is on this list.

If you're SCA, you by all means need to get on their nautical list;

http://www.SCA-Nautical@yahoogroups.com

Please write me at

capnwilliam@pyracy.com

for more info.

:ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

This be addressed to Mr hawkyns and Capt William. There be a SCA nautical outfit here in Connecticut?

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Why, Scupper, the SCA be all over the Knowne Worlde! There is also an East Kingdom Pirates group; it's new, or at least, their mailing list is.

Check out

http://www.EKPirates@yahoogroups.com

And make the acquaintance of Elias Gedney. He is on the SCA-Nautical list as well. His knowledge of pre-1601 nautical matters is legendary.

:)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

MY Thanks Mate

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."