Visit of the tall ship 'The Californian' Sept 6 &7

Tales of the Seven Seas will be working in conjunction with Sail San Francisco, to welcome the tall ship "The Californian" to Oakland CA at Jack London Square on Sept 6th and 7th. We are always happy to have pirates join us! Either individuals or entire guilds. The more the merrier!!

Our pirates are scheduled to be on the pier, meeting and greeting visitors, bringing passersby to the ship, providing basic information on the ship, passing out treasure coins to the kids and entertaining crowds with random acts of mayhem and senseless acts of piracy!

Piratical acts might include:

Being accused of notorious and heinous crimes then locked in our new jail cell!

Running across the pier with a feisty wench flung over your shoulder!

Drenching or being drenched with a bucket of water!

Being chased by pirates!

Firing a flintlock! (approval pending on this one)

Acting out a dramatic death scene with a sword under your arm!

Stumbling about drunkenly with a whisky keg under one arm and a tankard in your hand!

Or simply provide piratical color by being there in costume.

If you would like to attend one or both days, please respond, so that I'll know how many pirates we'll have on hand. As always, loaner costumes and props are available if you need them. Come join us for fun and piracy and take walk around the decks of this beautirul ship!!

Info on the Californian

Please email me with any questions

talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com

ts027.JPG

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I've sailed on the Californian several times during the Tall Ships Festival in Dana Point, CA.

Nice ship, nice crew. Hmmmm, 6 & 7th? Guess they won't be at the festival this year, cuz that's the Tall Ship Festival dates for here. Oh well, there's plenty more to plunder.

RumbaRue

** :ph34r: **

Cap'n,

The firing on the Californian is the weekend before we work on the pier.... so if ye' could be so kind as to leave a weeeeeeeeeee bit o' wreckage for the tourists to examine, I'm sure that the camera clickers would be ever so grateful!! :huh:

We'll see, lass... Shouldn't give up the element of suprise, but I'm the Pyrate Captain here....The 'Chieftains weighed in on arrival day,so, the real action starts the 29th outside the "Gate, with the Royaliste's superior sailin' ability placin' her between BOTH ships, now that we are superior in firepower also, 'Hold Fast' continuous double broadsides....May call some Rogers Rangers to handle the gun batteries, no wenches learnin,....Pure Hell......, but we'll get 'em the other days, too :huh: ......... :huh: BE WARNED! :huh: ..any o' me battle plans wind up in the ears 'o the enemy, I'll be rollin' heads from here to Tortuga.. :huh: .....'stop shootin' holes in me ship!....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wildhaired wench... The sea battle was Aug 29th. (see the photos under the "Sail Ho!" topic. ) Or are you saying you'd like to join us for the Jack London Square event on Sept 6 & 7? If so, please email me immediately at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com so I can get the necessary info to you so that you and the kids can participate. How old are your kids? We love having kids at our guild events, but due to live weaponry, slippery decks and deep water, I'm afraid we don't take small children out on the water. Or are saying you're just coming to visit the Californian and Royaliste,? If so, I'll enjoy meeting you. Please introduce yourself to me. I'll be the pirate wench in red and black. But if you want to participate, please email me ASAP.

NEWSFLASH!!

In addition to the Californian being docked at Jack London, Captain Gary just confirmed that the Royaliste will be there as well!! HUZZAH!!

What that means is that if any of you would like to join us in costume 9am -12 noon Saturday volunteering, then we'll go out for a sail in the afternoon and also have the option to sleep overnight on the ship!

Then you'll be right there for all the pirating we're going to do Sunday on the pier from 9am - 4pm!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

:P PIRACY ROCKS!!!!!! :P

:) Well, I'm stickin' me nose in here, so's don't shoot it off...Sea Battle was last week, public welcoming at dock in Oakland,this weekend(6-7), with sail afternoon and overnighter at dock. no 'encampment, that's Ojai, in 3 weeks..ye folla?? :P ..If'n ye do show up this weekend, your powder monkees are welcome on the ship, with a close eye out...splash!

Oh I know about the shootin' an all that. But I've been to Dana Point a few times before and there has been a pirate camp there before by the Port Royal Pirates if I remember correctly. In fact when I was there 2000? There were two pirate groups there. There's a market and everything. Most of the groups have been from Southern California, so I just have always come and hung out with them for the day. Haven't been for the past two years so I don't know what's changed or not. Has it?

An don't be worryin' I be there. Me words me bond.

Gotta spot The WildHair'd Wench.