Rope net

In many Ports of Call desireing a Nautical look to the surroundings they use a large net of rope to provide a fence to the walkway. (Particularly may be seen at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom around the perimiter of the water to Tom Sawyer's Island) I have looked at it many times and have seen it in other locations, (restaurant, putt-putt golf etc) It looks like one rope is inserted through the other and the other inserted through the first between the lay of the line, to make the intersections for the net. I want to make some to line the railing to my basement as part of the decor for my own "Pyrates Pub" But for the life of me, I can't see how they did that, I can't reproduce the effect. Anyone good at ropes out there?

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Thanks for the link, the stuff there may be usefull down the road for decoration, but I am looking for something heavier for the stairs. Something that will actually take the place of the ballisters and provide a protective wall to keep at least little nippers from falling off the edge of the stairs. I was looking for something that I have seen made out of 3/8 dia. minimum rope formed into a net with 4"-6" openings for the spaceing. it is usually run between two running lines, one top and one bottom of a larger size rope than the net between.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I