Cutthroats

Artemis Pepper

Ahoy-

I have heard tale of a great plunder'n game called CutThroats...I downloaded the demo, played it, loved it, want more of it....only problem is nobody sells it around here. Asked the localgamestores and the like,they sed they never heard of it and can't get it. I checked amazon.com, and yes, I can get it there for $40, but the game came out in 2000, and it's the same price as it was then...

Anyone know where I might find a cheaper copy? I'd be much obliged!

Artemis

Purveyor of fyne plundar since 1605!

Ahoy-

I have heard tale of a great plunder'n game called CutThroats...I downloaded the demo, played it, loved it, want more of it....only problem is nobody sells it around here. Asked the localgamestores and the like,they sed they never heard of it and can't get it. I checked amazon.com, and yes, I can get it there for $40, but the game came out in 2000, and it's the same price as it was then...

Anyone know where I might find a cheaper copy? I'd be much obliged!

Artemis

Here are some links to other game demo's you might want to try:

Cutthroats: Terror On The High Seas

Popcaps Seven Seas

Port Royal Download Site 1

Port Royal Download Site 2

Pirate's Gold

Defender of the Crown

Tropico 2 Pirate's Cove Demo

RedJaq3.gifAniMorgansJR2.gif

Hoist the colors Laddies! We're goin' in fer the kill!

• 2 months later...

Well, as a pyrate game fanatic, and one who has tried to play cutthroats on several occasions, I would respectfully suggest that you pass on this game and opt for Port Royale instead. Eidos Games put out 7 (yes, seven) patches for this game and there are still problems with the software locking up your computer and making it "go boom". In the world of computer games, 7 patches tells you that the game was unstable and the problem was not getting fixed. Port Royale, put out by Ascaron, will cost you around $30, and is readily available. However, if you are a glutton for torture, and really want Cutthroats, I'll consider selling you my copy, but don't run me through once you play it, or should I say attempt to play it!!!

Eric :)