What if?

Diego Santana de la Vega

One o me customers come ta me wit this, this very day and says "dude" (he's the owner of a clothing company on line and he works big trade shows here in the west) he says dude I need you to dress up in your pirate costume and come visit me at the boat show at the end of this month, every body there will think yer part of the entertainment and you'll get no hassles at all adding I'll leave tickets for you at the gate! So I be thinkin! What if all the boat shows all over this world we all went to in character lookin to buy a boat as a pirate? I can't think we wouldn't be any thing other than well received and the center of all childishness attention to be sure. So I figures what the 'ell let's do it!

Blunder Bunnies always say "ifin ye gots it flaunts it" Don't they?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Sounds like great fun! I would not hesitate to do such a thing! Make us proud!

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Actually I made a mistake, I have to go to the Philadephia Boat show on Feb 17th. My bad.

I DON'T care about what my boss thinks, but I do care about keeping my job! :lol:

Ugh the Annapolis shows. I had to work late to help get the paper out (Nor'easter) for the powerboat issue.

I beg of anyone to come visit me dressed like a pirate. I'm going to be stuck behind a booth bored out of me boots. I could use the entertainment!

Blackjohn, "alot" is no more or less than when at faire and the landlubbing folks wish ye ta be in a picture with the kiddies is it? Ifin yer weaponry be piece tied and yer blunderbuss'es be without powder, shot n flint. Y'ed be safe just a bit outa place well fer a bruce boat show anyway a fishin ergh a sports boat show might bring on a bit of a challenge as well but hey the earth is not flat and what do we know about challenges other than it all anyway? I mean we are pirates are we not? And boats, ships be our own chosen method of worldly transportation, right?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I've crashed and roamed several boat shows over the years. People love it. And I just pay my way in so they have to treat me nice. Hundreds of photos... lots of buzz. Spruces up a show a bit when a pirate sails in.

Also, what's all this about peace tying stuff. In 22 years I have never peace tied my weapons and not a single person has asked by to take the weapon off or tie it. Not very piratical now isn't it? And no, no one in those years has ever tried to pull it out (the sword :) either.

Guess that's a Ren thang, eh?

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

'cane It's not 1997 any more. Been to an airport in the last three years? Ifin ye 'ave em tyed prior and the security decides to say ye be fully unsafe ye show em they be safe. Nay wise ye gots ta go back to yer land ship remove ergh tye an ye can't be a pirate with no ecoutrements to show off!

Hi confusing accent guy!

Who in the 'ell takes a weapon ever through airport security? No one has ever been allowed to take a cutlass or pistol on board a plane, peace tied or not that I know of. Even in 1984 they seized obvious toy flintlocks. So this is nothing new in the airports of the U.S., '84, '97 or 911 (hut-hut-hike!) :lol:

I know it's not 1997 any longer. But we (The Pyrates) play this gig all the time all over the country - fully rigged in weapons - and no one has ever asked us to remove the weapons or peace tie. That was my point. It's kind of sissy.... and downright unpiratical.

Does anyone else do this when they're roaming around in public, visiting bars, interacting with the public? I'm really curious. The thought would never occur to us. And yes, we even pull out our weapons in public and hand it to the kiddies. Never had an incident in 22 years.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Cap'n....

Those of us from the ren faire circut see it all the time....peace tie....makes no matter incidents or not...as a year ago one evening I was sittin on a stool in a certain other Cap'ns place wonderin if its kewl fer all them drunks to be swinging their long pointy things....

darkRose

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

Most all events that I've attended in California require tying and not removing blades...Also, many wont allow the combo of 'locks and powder, until demonstrations or skits are in play.......In large metro areas, the police damn well frown on all of the above, regardless of 'faire rules'.....Now, it's far different when I'm in the midwest, but there just isnt anything 'standard'..........

So I'll be steering a wide coast from those states that require that - don't do that peace tie thing. See it as unecessary for our crewe.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Aye, DarkRose be right -

I think it be a renn faire thing, leastways here in the uptight East. There been some incidents at faire when the drunkies just HAD to show off their mighty skills...

But on me OWN time - no way! As it be, I roam th' streets o' THIS fair city packed wi' everything but the galley sink. A tied sword, a locked knife, or a blunderbuss without powder is like a day without a wench - pretty much useless...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Who in the 'ell takes a weapon ever through airport security?

Not me, but that brings up an anecdote...

So, my wife purchased me a flintlock for Christmas, but because of the delivery timing, she had it shipped to her parents in Boston, where we were going to fly for the holidays. We ended up canceling the trip at the literally last minute (sick pet), and we ended up sending presents through the mail... a week (or so) after Christmas, the package with our presents arrived, and my wife had me open the one from her first.

It was a gun! I was touched! Thrilled! Ecstatic! ... and confused. "Honey," I said, "If I was supposed to open this in Boston, how was I suppsoed to bring it back on the plane?" She admitted she had not thought it all the way through.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

...Now considering going to a Bass Pro Shop (huge sports/huntin/fishing store that showcases and sells fishing boats) dressed as a pirate and price out their goods... Hmmm... gears turning...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg