books a binding

I wanted to know if any one here knows how or can point me in the direction of how to make a home made bound book you see as a present for my friends b-day in aug i want to make her a pirate book of all our adventures and i really want it to look authentic ya know please help!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Dependnmg where you live I may be able to point you in the direction of where you can get a workshop on basic simple bookbinding techniques. It's not something you can put in an e-mail but still not hard to learn. I'm on a books arts list so I can post a request there also if you wish.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

oh i live in souther cali and i just cant seem to find a good workshop or even a half decent website.

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

I did bookbinding on my own in art school and took lesson later if you can get instruction it's better here's what someone on the book arts list I'm on posted:

"She might try contacting Charles Collings at his bindery.

Collings Bindery

410 North Larchmont Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90004

ยท 323-460-6333*

He does take in students and probably would be able to accommodate her for a modest fee.

Charles Schermerhorn

Lompoc, CA"

I also seem to recall a book arts organization in LA but I'll have to dig through material to find it.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

thank ye so much

But why is the rum gone?

Good luck in your venture! I am sure that your friend will appreciate your gift and efforts. A word to the wise though, lass.......Make sure you get permission to reproduce material from the individuals involved. Some may be under copyright protection. :blink:

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

• 2 weeks later...

Try this HGTV Craft show link for a simple sewn book binding.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_paper_crafts_b...3273673,00.html

Also kits and acid free supplies can be found in artist supply and rubber stamp stores.

Also don't forget the 'ole library. A mountain of books on the subject await yer perusal...

The library often delivers what the web cannot.

:lol:

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg