Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho A Pirates Life

Firethorn

The wife showed me this one since she has us booked for a three day cruise this summer. ;)

A new Pirates in the Caribbean party is taking over the Disney Magic cruise ship, transforming guests aboard into pirates for the evening and treating them to a scrumptious dinner feast and adventurously themed deck party that would make Captain Jack Sparrow proud.

This newly themed evening aboard Disney's seven-night cruise vacations to the eastern and western Caribbean brings together the traditional cruise dinner and deck party with a rowdy buccaneer bash combining invigorating entertainment, themed dining experiences and brand new special effects for an evening that's perfect for every member of the family.

Starting in the dining room, servers dressed as pirates play the part by welcoming guests with customary greetings of ‘ahoy matey’ and ‘argh’ while serving ‘grog’ rather than drinks. Guests delight in learning the pirate lifestyle by donning specially made pirate bandanas and choosing pirate themed dinner selections from a parchment rolled menu.

As the evening transitions from the dining room to high atop decks 9 and 10, a treasure trove of entertainment opens with classic Disney characters dressed in pirate garb, high-energy special effects and interactive audience participation set to music favorites for a new kind of celebration.

The party gets underway with a pirate-style line dance as guests join cruise staff, Goofy and his seafaring friends in learning special dance steps set to a wacky chorus of “Yo, Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life for Me.”

Impetuously the mood of the party changes as Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and their gang of ‘bad’ pirates take over the party with special effects including black lighting and skull and cross bone projections.

Just in time, and before Captain Hook’s able to enlist audience Dads to join his gang of pirates, Captain Mickey appears and saves the day, ridding the ship of the evil buccaneers for a swash-buckling finish.

Currently only aboard the Disney Magic seven-night itineraries, the experience is scheduled to board sister ship Disney Wonder and three- and four-night itineraries in early 2005.

:huh:

pirate.gif

wil22.gif

Been there, done that.

Some Tips from a Castaway Club member:

It is usually held the evening you're in Cozumel, so it cuts into your night life on shore.

Don't dress authentic for it. Everyone will think you are part of the crew and it isn't much fun with everyone asking you questions. Plus, you can't run to shore after dinner and before the party starts at 10pm dressed like a pirate unless you want to get mugged in Cozumel. (Real modern day pirates and all.)

Instead, invest in a some fun "piratey" t-shirts from hottopic and such. You will be more comfortable (it's hot in the Caribbean) and you can party on shore between dinner and the party time. There will be no shows (Walt Disney Theatre, etc.) the nights the ship is in ports. That's why you will want to be comfortable enough to go ashore. There is nothing else to do until the Party starts.

The light graphics are awesome (skull and crossbones on the main funnel.) The sound and music is stimulating. Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, and all the Disney gang are decked out. I have some great video from my trip in October. Bugger on the Dads helping out, this mother was prepared to fight until the end. :huh:

On the Eastern Caribbean, you will stop in Key West. There's a great shop on the square that had replica blunderbusts. It was fun getting that onboard the ship, but it was a great prop for the POTC party. ;)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

If I'd seen this sooner I'd have booked seven nights on the Magic instead of four. Anything else the least bit piratey aboard? How's the shopping in Nassau? Any recommendations for Castaway Cay excursions?

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

There's a bit of peter pan in the shows, but other than some excursions on shore, the POTC night on the Cruise is all you'll get out of Disney.

We were hoping to see the "pirate" ship out of Grand Cayman, but Hurricane Ivan hit right before our trip. Bloody Hurricanes.

My favorite excursions on Castaway Cay are the outdoor cabana massages on serenity beach. They have to be booked through the spa on the ship and do it the first day. They fill up last. I just love being naked on the sand while a cute is rubbing my entire body. (Oops, Did I say that out loud?) Book the first ones in the morning. Then they aren't rubbing sand with the lotion and you don't have to worry about getting there in time for the massage.

The second excursion I would recommend, but haven't ever done, is to rent the Hobie Cats for a little sailing.

Bon Voyage.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Don't dress authentic for it. Everyone will think you are part of the crew and it isn't much fun with everyone asking you questions. Plus, you can't run to shore after dinner and before the party starts at 10pm dressed like a pirate unless you want to get mugged in Cozumel. (Real modern day pirates and all.)

I've never been hesitant to party in pirate costume in Cozumel, lass. Was always treated well there as a pirate. Hhm!

- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hurricane stated......

I've never been hesitant to party in pirate costume in Cozumel, lass. Was always treated well there as a pirate. Hhm!

- The Captain

Well of that, I have little doubt. Yet when ye looks like me dressed as a pirate, the problem is clearly apparent. :P

~Black Hearted Pearl

I am happy to report, from the internet cafe onboard the Disney Magic, that they ARE having the pirate party night on this cruise. However, they don't usually take the Magic on four night cruises so I don't know if this is part of the regular itinerary or not.

What the heck, as long as I get to see it, I'm happy.

Also, Barbossa's costume is still on display at MGM Studios. :)

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

I am happy to report, from the internet cafe onboard the Disney Magic, that they ARE having the pirate party night on this cruise. However, they don't usually take the Magic on four night cruises so I don't know if this is part of the regular itinerary or not.

What the heck, as long as I get to see it, I'm happy.

Also, Barbossa's costume is still on display at MGM Studios. :)

Brag Brag Brag, you scruvy dog.

~Black Hearted Pearl

Brag Brag Brag, you scruvy dog.

If it makes ye feel better, the worst case of food poisoning ever nearly made me miss the party. Don't eat Mexican food in Nassau! BAD! Eat only the food the nice Disney people give you!

Dragged my sorry pirate rear to dinner so I could get the souvenir menu and bandana, ate one slice of pineapple and bailed so I could get up to the deck for the party. Was sorry to miss the Jack Sparrow Fruity Pork (though just reading the name of it was nearly enough...)

The show and fireworks were really fun and everyone was into the party. They had Stitch dressed as a pirate, yay! Shame that Mickey vanquished Capt. Hook but I suppose that's to be expected.

I wore my gorgeous pirate coat & boots, but I added my Mickey pirate bandana (complete with ears) for the Disney touch and everyone kept asking where I got it (came from WDW but they don't make it any more) and didn't notice the good stuff. Figures!

Am much recovered today and have some time left to enjoy the ship before landing back in Portlando tomorrow.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Unfortunately I was still recovering from food poisoning, so I barely saw Castaway Cay. Blah. Will have to come back. I did manage to get myself to the wonderfully quiet adult beach and relax in the sun for a few hours. I was going to put my feet in the water, but there were fish. Fish scare me.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

OryginalCinn Posted on Jan 7 2005, 01:02 PM

Don't eat Mexican food in Nassau! BAD!

forgot to ask you this the other night cinn...

WHY would you eat MEXICAN food in NASSAU??????

you're supposed to eat conch, mahi, grouper, etc!!!! don't you know that yet????

:lol:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Patrick Hand Posted on Jan 9 2005, 11:46 PM

I can kinda see why the Rolling Stones didn't write "Sympathy for the French...."

:lol::lol::lol:

hey mr hand!....seems during the crew meetin...everyone is makin plans on movin to fla....when ya comin???

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

hey mr hand!....seems during the crew meetin...everyone is makin plans on movin to fla....when ya comin???

Hummmm..... wot are rents like in Florida....?

I'm paying $850 to rent a two bedroom house..... in the snow! (did I mention that I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Patrick Hand Posted on Jan 10 2005, 12:44 AM

Hummmm..... wot are rents like in Florida....?

I'm paying $850 to rent a two bedroom house..... in the snow! (did I mention that I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

well....guess that would depend on where ya be...

i could tell ya my mortage is pertty close to yours and i've got 3/2/2 house w/ small office....and THERE'S NO SNOW :)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

forgot to ask you this the other night cinn...

WHY would you eat MEXICAN food in NASSAU??????

you're supposed to eat conch, mahi, grouper, etc!!!! don't you know that yet????

;)

It seemed like a good idea at the time? Umm... well, I love Mexican food, the people we ate breakfast with that morning had recommended the place, it was on the list of approved places that the Disney company recommends, and we happened to be right near it when we were hungry.

Never again, though, sister. I learned, if the hard way.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress