Blackbeard's Bermuda Sloop

Captain Jim-sib

Greetings,

I be working on a semi-scratch built model of Blackbeard's Bermuda

Sloop Adventure for the Bath Tri-Centennial Museum. All is going fine with the exception of the sprityard dilema. The model is based on Howard Chapelle's plans, which does not indicate this yard; however, literature/picture search of such vessels does include it on certain prints. So, I am curious if this knowledgeable band has an opinion on this.

Me sincere thanks !

I have been seeking a source of information on Blackbeard's Adventure.

Has anyone found any sources of plans/drawings, comparative ships of the time, where they were made? Bermuda seems to be the popular

location. Were there shipyards on the Chesapeake Bay that built sloops in the late 17th early 18th century? Did the use the Bermudan design?

I have been seeking a source of information on Blackbeard's Adventure.

The Adventure, along with the QAR, were given to BB when Captain Hornigold accepted a King's pardon. Where Hornigold acquired the Adventure is not thoroughly known, and one can only speculate on the aquisiton of her. Her shipyard was probably in Jamaica or Berumda.

After Maynard killed BB at Ocracoke, the Adventure was taken to

Va. as a prize and sold (to whom has not been referenced). The trail goes cold there.

As for plans, there are several in Howard Chapelle's book The Search for Speed under Sail , pg 65-72. Also, there is a section on them in P.C. Coker, III's book Charleston's Maritime Heritage --with a sail plan on the back cover.

Looking forward to Joshua's plans!