Sponge Bob Squarepants the movie pirates

Red Maria

This is an excert from an article about the new Sponge Bob Squarepants movie:

"A group of old-time pirates sings the theme song in the film, and Avril Lavigne belts it out on the soundtrack CD. “It originated as a sea chanty,” Hillenburg said of the theme. “It’s supposed to be like a song sailors use, a working song to keep rhythm while they’re pulling up things.”

I like the phrase "while pulling up things" It leaves alot to the imagination! :ph34r:

Edited by Red Maria

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

LOL! :ph34r:

Actually, me first mate looked at me when the ads came on TV and said: "Okay, we toss a coin and the loser takes the kids."

I told him I'd volunteer. I like Spongebob. (And I thought the David Hasselhoff moment was funny). :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I like the phrase "while pulling up things" It leaves alot to the imagination! :ph34r:

::pictures a group of chanteymen running about singing with their pants around their ankles and falls on the deck howling with laughter::

:ph34r::huh::ph34r::huh::lol:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

I'm takin me kids and nephiews to it on Friday. We've been plannin it since we heard the release date. Gotta love SpongeBob Squarepants!

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

When the kids first started watchin' Sponge Bob I hated it, but after awhile I began to like it. Can't wait ta take the youngin's! :huh:

We still do limit viewing time though, but Sponge Bob sure beats Fairly Odd Parents! :ph34r:

Oh but Fairly Oddparents is so over-the-top it's funny. But then I like bad puns and other silliness.

Their first "extended feature" had so many Star Wars references in the first five minutes I was howling with laughter! :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

My son introduced me to Spongebob a little over a year ago. Since then, he's largely out grown it. I, however, have not :ph34r:

Looking forward to seeing him on the big screen, although I'll likely wait a week or so and let the initial kiddy excitement cool off a bit.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

damn, i wanted to goto that, instead i saw seed of chucky. (hilarious be the way!) and i personally like that invader zim thing.....

Invader Zim.... ooo yeah. I like that. But then I've liked everything Jhonen Vasquez has done so far. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac being the pinacle of misanthropic joy. mmm. Good Stuff...

I think I will try a late showing of Sponge Bob hopefully that will do away with the kiddies.

The Duchess

I love Spongebob and will most definitely see this movie. Just probably not in the theater-lol!

I like the theme song to Fairly Odd Parents, that's the extent of it tho. I really only watched one episode, only cuz me guyfriend did voice over for it.

Oh, yes, Invader Zim is awesome! Me guyfriend does the voice of Almighty Tallest Red. Very good friends with Richard Horvitz (Zim), knew him before he worked on Zim. And Jhonen is also a great guy, hung out with him a few times too. The guy who does Gir's voice is also really cool too! In case ya didn't guess it, me guyfriend be a voice-over actor up there in Hollyweird. Also can be heard in Family Guy as well, does many various voices.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine - which voice in Family Guy? That show is so #$&%@ funny that I almost can't stand it. Probably the funniest thing ever created. :P

Funnier than "South Park"?!! I don't THINK so!!!! :rolleyes:

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

He does a variety of voices. Like one time he did the voice of Bert and Ernie. Another time he did the Grinch. Then sometimes talking trees, 2 of the 3 wise men and so on. I've even gone with him a few times to Seth Mcfarlane's parties he has up in the Hollywood Hills. Seth does the voice of Brian the dog, Stewie the baby and Peter the father. He also is the creator of the show. Here's his website, has everything on him: http://www.wallyontheweb.com

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Just got back from seein' Spongebob Squarepants The Movie--and boy am I tired. I haven'y laughed so hard and so much in a movie in many years. :rolleyes::P

From the Pirates singing the theme song as they raid a movie house, to the David Hasslehoff rescuing the boys to the big rock-star ending, it is just flat-out funny.

The adults were laughing as hard as the kids. Like the TV show, it operates on several levels at once.

Take the kids and enjoy. If'n you don't have any kids, grab the nephiews and neices--or the neighbor kids and go. :P

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Blah, I watch the show without any kids around, so I'll be doing the same with the movie. :)

And thinking of doing what Duchess said, going to a late showing of it when there isn't many kids. It worked when I saw Shrek 2 in the theater. No screaming kids, it was nice. :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Blah, I watch the show without any kids around, so I'll be doing the same with the movie. :)

And thinking of doing what Duchess said, going to a late showing of it when there isn't many kids. It worked when I saw Shrek 2 in the theater. No screaming kids, it was nice. :rolleyes:

It was hard lesson learned. When the Pixar Ants movie came out, I foolishly went to a matinee. I've never felt so much like a crotchty old behemoth in my life.

The Duchess

Um, Pixar didn't do "Ants". That was Dreamworks. "A Bug's Life" was the Pixar one.

Well I have kids and I enjoy going to the movies with them. I'm looking forward to Sponge Bob. Glad to hear it lives up to the hype. :rolleyes:

hook_banner2.jpg

Well, yesterday the wife and I took our little pirate to Spongebob. Ya know, we were both VERY disappointed with the film. VERRRRRRY Disappointed. I can name two dozen episodes of the TV show that were far funnier. It was uninspired with a lame story and useless characters. King Neptune is FAR better on the TV show when voiced by that "J. Peterman" guy on Seinfeld.

Patrick had a few genuinely funny moments, but that was about it. It's as if they were trying to do the movie with one hand tied behind their back. Something about it is just off, and doesn't hold up to the charm of the show.

The movie basically just rehashes jokes you've seen a hundred times on the show, but not as well. And all that adult innuendo that peppers the show and makes it so enjoyable? All but gone for the movie. It's as if they had a choice when making the film:

A. Water it down for the kids, remove all non-pc content.

B. Crank up the adult humor, inside jokes and innuendo.

They chose option A in a big way I'm afraid. :rolleyes: For a movie that was in the making for SO long it was a big let down. If you want to see something truly amazing, check out The Incredibles. Now THAT is a refreshing surprise and one of the better movies I've seen in years.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Um, Pixar didn't do "Ants". That was Dreamworks. "A Bug's Life" was the Pixar one.

Well I have kids and I enjoy going to the movies with them. I'm looking forward to Sponge Bob. Glad to hear it lives up to the hype. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the correction. It was the pixar movie I saw, just had the wrong name in me head.

The Duchess