Isabella

;)

it's probably a definate

;) Ahhhh., yer kill'in me!!

Which is it? ;)

Probably or Definite? ;)

I am feeling redudant ;)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

It might or might not true. This was stated on Dark Horizons

Jerry Bruckheimer talked a little bit about the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels whilst doing press promotions for "National Treasure" and revealed to LatinoReview some surprising information that shoots down some facts many considered locked in.

Most notably of these is that Keith Richards is not in fact signed to play Jack Sparrow's father - "We don't have him yet". Bruckheimer confirms he has a subtitle for the second entry, but he wouldn't reveal it though he confirmed it is NOT "Treasures of the Lost Abyss" as previously mentioned.

The plan is still to make Pirates 2 and 3 simultaneously if possible - "We'd like to. If Disney will write a check, we'll do it...We hope that we can do it as well as Lord of the Rings did it. That's what you shoot for. You only learn through making mistakes, so we'll watch what Back to the Future did and Matrix did and hopefully not repeat what they did".

Production is expected to begin in March.

"We dont have him YET" sounds like they do want him to play in it to me. Also sounds like the contract with Disney isn't quite sold yet on the idea since there is still "the plan is still to make POTC 2 & # simultaneously if possible".

And I just found this too..

October 28, 2004 - 09:42

Bahamas Gets Pirates of The Caribbean 2 and 3

Bahamas film industry receives big boost as nation is selected as a film location for major motion pictures.

Disney has really opened the floodgates for putting the Bahamas on the map as a top film production location by committing to shoot "more than 50 percent" of the movies Pirates of The Caribbean 2 and 3 in this nation.

The Tribune newspaper reports that Paul Quigley, one of three principals behind the $76 million dollar Gold Rock Creek Enterprises film studios being built in Grand Bahama, says his studio will be extensively used by Disney to shoot both movies, which have a combined budget of $400 million.

Mr. Quigley says Disney's decision to use the Bahamas was "wonderful" for both his production facitlity and for creating an indiginous Bahamian film industry.

Mr. Quigley said Disney executives, including Pirates of The Caribbean 2 and 3 director, Gore Verbinski, had been regular visitors to the Bahamas in the past two weeks, inspecting Gold Rock Creek's film studio location in Grand Bahama, looking at possible shooting locations in the Family Islands and holding meetings in Nassau.

One island in the Exuma chain has already been identified as a possible location for filming of the movies, the first of which starred Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly.

Mr. Quigley yesterday told the Tribune newspaper that Disney had already drawn up a production schedule for shooting Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3. This meant that Gold Rock Creek would have to "go gangbusters" to ensure its "shooting tanks" - the facilities where water-based and underwater scenes will be shot - are ready for the beginning of May, 2005, when Disney plans to commence filming in the Bahamas.

Craig Woods, the Bahamas Film Commissioner, previously said that this nation had barely scratched the surface of the film industry, despite After the Sunset and Into The Blue pumping a combined $20 million into the economy. Another film, Three, currently being filmed in Eleuthera, will bring an additional $940,000 into the economy.

Hmm, ' that's interesting'....I usually stay a fathom or two away from the 'speculative' threads, but this one brought some variables into play that I've a need to scrutinize.....Logistically, if'n I accept the needed 'chip' that production folks have some sense aside from money, then..........The Bahamas, altho a wonderful vacation spot, have a few big hurdles for the marine aspect of the movies, starting with the simple fact that it presaently sounds like production will be during hurricane season, which, aside from the obvious damage during, affect the sea state for a while either side of each cell....That translates into delays for filming. Number two would be that personally I just don't know the availability of enough period vessels in the 'eastern' area as opposed to the 'west', both in terms of availability, and the 'put my vessel in harm's way' concept. I would also wonder on simple issues such as V.A.T. taxes and such for the comings and goings of makin' two movies. Now, lookin' 'west'............A long list of available vessels are here; the Rose, Lady Washington, Hawaiian Chieftain, Lynx, Royaliste are already 'armed' and 'dressed'.. Add the two L.A. 'Johnson'(Irving and his 'ole lady) brigs, Argus, Pilgrim, Swift, Spirit, and a host of those who's names slip my mind at the moment, and thar be a lot 'o 'ships' on the left coast that are in sailing and fighting shape.....

...Then, it ain't like us left coasters are devoid of islands...we've many, from the Coronado's to the Farralones, they just aint 'high' on the public's list of where the trends are.........unless we factor in those little ones farther west, ....Hawaii..............

On the weather gauge, 'tis only an occaisional hurricane that jumps o'er Mexico that'll even come close to wreckin' stuff, some 50-70 knot blows and ruff seas, but it mellows quickly, as the Pacific be the sailor's 'big tank'..(naytical term for Mare Pacifica)

..to close, it sounds grand, but too many loopholes for my short budgeted mind.......(yeah, I know Disney's got lotsa money, but do they really just 'throw it away'?)...the Bahamas may get 50% 'o somethin', but I've me doubts about it bein' the 'ships 'n water' stuff........

;)

Sorry, Royaliste... but I so disagree. Production companies can build their own ships or get existing ones anywhere they want. $600,000 got the Lady Washington to the Caribbean and back plus a refit back to original shape. That's a drop in the budget bucket. And the other was built on a barge frame. Been to both sides of the great oceans and the Pacific doesn't look anything like the Caribbean in terms of color of the water or even that darned flaura and fauna.

Plus, labor is cheaper out of the states and the locals in the Caribbean look a lot more authentic than those on the west coast. Plus red tape in the states, particularly California, is one of the many reasons productions are done elsewhere, including Canada and just about any other country. No unions, no people standing around twiddling their thumbs and no permits to deal with.

Hurricane season around here is an inconvenience, it doesn't rule our bloody lives. Besides, they're a lot better than earthquakes... ;)

And most important... lest we all forget, Johnny Depp bought a 40 acre island in the Bahamas for him and his family, so that would be home turf for him. Got to keep the lead pirate happy. Not surprised they'd pick it for location shoots.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Before I get jumped on, I know his answer sounds vague, but it's an answer. :)

You can watch the interview of him that I saw on Extra's website.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/1104.../10/1/text.html

At Home With Johnny Depp

November 10, 2004

When Johnny Depp sat down with our Jon Kelley, the master actor opened up like never before about his two children with longtime girlfriend, french actress Vanessa Paradis, and revealed why he took the dramatic leap to family films, playing the author of Peter Pan in "Finding Neverland."

Jon Kelley: How much of Peter Pan do you have living inside yourself?

Johnny Depp: Just playing Barbies and pirates and all of that stuff with my kids keeps me young, so I guess that keeps Peter Pan alive.

JK: I've got to ask, when hanging out with the kids, how many times have you watched "Pirates of the Caribbean?"

JD: I run every time they put one of my films on. I run away because it's just weird, you know. It's very strange, and equally strange to see your kids watching you play a character on screen. It's the entrance of Captain Jack Sparrow and suddenly I won't even be watching and I just hear my kids screaming, "It's Daddy!"

JK: How much truth is there to the idea that Keith Richards may step in to play pops in the sequel of "Pirates?" (Depp has said he modeled his "Pirates" performance on the behavior of the Rolling Stones guitarist.)

JD: I think it will work out; I certainly hope so.

JK: Do you have a career highlight?

JD: I never expected for it to go on for as long as it has. I figured when I started doing films that I probably would have a two or three-year run.

JK: And look at you now!

The unstoppable Johnny Depp is definitely leaving his mark in Hollywood, and you can check him out in "Finding Neverland," in theatres on Friday.

Well, hey, doesn't mean I had to be laughed at or made the butt of someone's joke. I thought it was an interesting piece of "Hey this is cool". I don't live and breath POTC fact from ficton on a daily basis browsing every jot and tiddle I can find on the web. So give me a break if I heard Johnny Depp say something that I found interesting and I thought I'd offer it to you guys as a "This is cool" thing...

For all our sake, I think it's better this thread die now, than later. Sometimes it's the most anal that make the most loved things unloved.

Isabella., I hope you didnt take me wrong., I did mean ill intent just laughing at Depps probably/ definitely ., not you. As you know probably is not definitely., they have very differant meanings.

At any rate I have to agree with the Royaliste on some of these points. Having been to Taiwan I can tell you it looks VERY much like California ., parts of Japan Washington .,Germany ect look very much the same !!

Latitudes my friends latitudes!!! Much of Mexico and the caribbean and yea the Philippines .,VietNam Indo Africa., All share the same latitudes and infact have much the same Fauna. Yes Coconuts and Banana's Avacado's Mangos and the like. Bamboooo !!!

Many places in this world share the likeness of foriegn lands on the given Lats., I been to many of them as has Cap'n Glen of the Royaliste.

for example

All of the Jungle scenes and Islands of Cutthroat Island were filmed in Thailand with ships and barge sets from Square Sail of the UK.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

At any rate I have to agree with the Royaliste on some of these points. Having been to Taiwan I can tell you it looks VERY much like California ., parts of Japan Washington .,Germany ect look very much the same !!

Latitudes my friends latitudes!!! Much of Mexico and the caribbean and yea the Philippines .,VietNam Indo Africa., All share the same latitudes and infact have much the same Fauna. Yes Coconuts and Banana's Avacado's Mangos and the like. Bamboooo !!!

Many places in this world share the likeness of foriegn lands on the given Lats., I been to many of them as has Cap'n Glen of the Royaliste.

for example

All of the Jungle scenes and Islands of Cutthroat Island were filmed in Thailand with ships and barge sets from Square Sail of the UK.

I'm still standin' on the sea miles for needed ships. It was pointed out to me that they want to use real ships....Cutthroat Island was a barge deal.....Maybe they'll go Chinese..as far as that part of the world, all that be sailin' is a bunch 'o 'junk'!............

...like I said, a lot 'o sea miles, 'cept for mebbee the Endeavor, and that's only one ship...............

I dont mean for Disney to film in China?., I simply meant to say the worlds fauna is somewhat dictated by the Sun Temperature and humidity ., which is subject to its location latitude wise.

I just wondered something else.

How much of a coincidence is it that Johnny Depp just bought an Island in the Bahama's?

It was said to be an island of the Bahama's, in some interview on a video i have, sent from someone in Ozz.

Might not be a coincidence at all...

hero.jpg

No coincidence I believe.

And the west coasters forget - there are plenty of tall ships on the Eastern seaboard. 6 in Key West alone, more in St. Augustine, Jacksonville, not to mention the Carolinas on up to Mystic, CT. The Pacific side doesn't have the corner on tall ships lads, or even pirate ships.

So we are back to the Bahamas, and Johnny Depp's palatial 40 acre private island. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

No coincidence I believe.

And the west coasters forget - there are plenty of tall ships on the Eastern seaboard. 6 in Key West alone, more in St. Augustine, Jacksonville, not to mention the Carolinas on up to Mystic, CT. The Pacific side doesn't have the corner on tall ships lads, or even pirate ships.

So we are back to the Bahamas, and Johnny Depp's palatial 40 acre private island. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

-- The Captain

Not surprised in the least, mate!..I believe I said I don't know how many or their names...what are they????????????? I'm only basing my humble opinion on what I've seen in Hollywood and on the History and Discovery channels..But, that said, even the recent 'Captain Kidd' episode featuring Scupper, used west coast ship footage. I wonder why? Timing?..Location?..Availabilty?...all issues, eh?..P.S. You can leave the Schooner Wolf, Freedom, and Compass Rose off the list I mentioned, as far as those seaworthy. I'm already familiar with them. I have little care where it's filmed, just speculatin', like the rest!.........We'll all see next year, eh wot?...Altho', I'll bet ye a 10 spot, Hurricane, that the actual sailing ship footage doesnt get filmed in the Bahamas....Dunno where, but I'll hold to the bet..........

$600,000 got the Lady Washington to the Caribbean and back plus a refit back to original shape.

Besides, they're a lot better than earthquakes...  ^_^

So I'd hurry and rig your ship for a run to the Caribbean if you want it to be a star in PotC... by story line, the Lady Washington would probably be making a return voyage there.

-- The Captain

addressin' these one at a time, I'd be happy to make the journey, I don't need to hurry, 'cuz I can make the Bahamas in around 12 days, give or take the lay days on labor, for under 20K (my expense) each way........like this

Royaliste in a hurry

1 day to decommission, 5-6 on the trailer, one day to unload, another to rig in, and a few to sail east across the 'stream'........

Under a former owner and name, the Royaliste did continuous charter service in the Carribean from 1971 until the late 80's; she's no stranger, nor am I to your waters.....So, believe me when I say they shimmer no clearer than the S. Pacific.....(Eh, Harbormaster?)...and as far as 'labor', 'eck mate, in a third world mentality, all of the Carribean is 'expensive' in comparison, tho' as mentioned, dollars matter little, or so you say. I believe they still want the most bang for the buck, even with millions to spend....

For all the lubbers readin', California earthquakes go by rather unnoticed on a ship, not so with a hurricane, matey.

Lastly, the 'Lady' was blown to small pieces as the Interceptor, they'd need to call 'er somethin' different.

(and for the 600K they spent, I'd almost sign the pink slip over!) LOL

and if they use her, it's a win-win for me, as with either of the two larger ladies than mine, I stand to pick up a lot of business in their abscense. Although I see her name right along with mine on the Tallships Challange 2005 scheduled for late spring .....BTW, 'Captain', guess I never caught what you were captain of..Do ye sail?

If you all recall, they shot film in both oceans. Some shots were done in Long Beach because Rosarita Beach's Titanic tanks were being used by Master & Commander and other shots were done in St. Vincent.

As much as this guy in Grand Bahamas sounds like he will have the tanks for shooting, I think Bruckheimer would be amiss not to use the Titanic Tanks in Rosarita Beach this time around. Not to mention that a replica of the Tallship Rose was built on a hydralics for the Titanic Tanks.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ah, aren't you a cute one, Royaliste. I appreciate the broadside, though it's hardly a puff of hot air from yer bellows. Although I hardly need to qualify my Captain status (as my crewe will be more than happy to do that for me) I don't need a hole in the water to pour money into to have me own captaincy.

For the last 20 years I've sailed with the best of them and I learned long ago that it's far better to borrow a ship when ya need one through guile and misdeeds than it is to go out and buy one and call yourself master of the sea.

So I won't get into a pissing match of who has more sailing experience or mastery of a captain's duties. I will say that a true captain is one who commands his crewe by favor, not by convenience of position or power. A captain gains the status by respect and the vote of the crewe, not by assigning himself the honor. And again, I think my crewe will speak highly for my skills in this role with The Pyrates of the Coast.

I'm sure you and other ships on the West Coast would have liked the 600 grand. Who wouldn't? For the Lady Washington, it was perfect timing: lend a ship that was deep in debt out for a few months and get a retrofit back to original condition in the process. Better coin than you can get hauling touristas around for sunset sails I imagine, which she was spending much of her time doing.

I frankly don't care what they do for the next movie or if they even make it. I don't live and breath PotC. I have no vested interest in which side of the world they film in. Or what ships they use. But I do so love stirring the pot now and then with those like yourself who are so passionate and take this pirate thing so seriously.

I bear you no grudge with my observations... they are just that, my humble opinions. And I willfully stand by them.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Wasnt intendin' on any 'match', mate...And no broadside or whatever intended, with this many members, I cant really tell one 'capt.' from the other, cept. 'Flint!'...no need to ruffle your feathers...............and seein' as how one 'o yesterday's 'birthday' pirates turned '12', I'm watchin' me vocabulary closely hereabouts.........

No problem sir... fair winds and may your tankards be overflowing with good stout rum...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I believe I said I don't know how many or their names...what are they?????????????

I'm sure I've missed a few, if not many... and I'm not vouching for the seaworthiness of any of these, except the Kalmar Nyckel and the Sultana!!!

amistad - new haven

formidable - boston

clipper city - baltimore

kalmar nyckel - wilmington

half moon - albany

bounty - new york

dove - st mary's

mayflower - boston

sultana - chestertown

rattlesnake - jacksonville

pride of baltimore II - baltimore

fame - salem

niagra - erie

susan constant - jamestown

godspeed - jamestown

discovery - jamestown

lady maryland - baltimore

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Someone mentioned to me that the Bounty was up for possible picking for the sequels. That would be awesome. She's a fine ship! Though, I know that sometime in 2005 that they will be going up the Mississippi I hope to volunteer upon her upon her Ol' Miss voyage. But if she's in the sequels, a fine choice indeed! My thumbs up for that... LOTS of space. She's a hell of a ship!

If god & Eisner be willing... several ship... big epic sea battle.. WICK shots.. People amazed, Oooing & Ahhhing... many things go boom!... Haven't seen epic sea battles in... how long?

Hehehehe.. be like The One-Eyed Willy story that Mikey told furing "The Goonies"... "There was this WHOLE Armada..." "... Guns bursting here, cannons bursting there..."

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!