Christmas on the High Seas

Firethorn

Christmas on the High Seas

"A Tribute to Swashbucklers and other Seafaring Legends!"

Saturday December 4th @ 1pm

Ship Bottom, New Jersey

'Tis be the theme of the local annual Xmas parade. Of course, after many years of just watchin' from the gutters I'll have to don me garb and hit the streets. I figure at least the daughter and I can stroll along and mingle with the crowd as we hand out those chocolate coins or perhaps...

Anyone have a pirate ship float or any ideas how to construct one quickly and cheaply? :D

wil22.gif

Guest Barbette

:) The Wayward Pilgrim crew had a ship float for the daily "noise parade" at NYRF. Pictures are here: http://www.web-wench.net/gallery/details.p...php?image_id=52

It was small, with a Barbie mermaid as a figure head, but we had a lot of fun with it. If you want anymore info, drop me a note.

I'll have to make a note of the date... the parade sounds like fun!

Hope this helps!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, the daughter and I are all set to go. We have just about 600 chocolate coins to hand out to the kiddies. It is supposed to get up to 47 degrees with a partly sunny sky and a 10 to 15 mph wind. Hope we don't freeze! :(

42767446-228e-01200098-.jpg

The wife picked up these cool boxes to carry our loot in, I just gave them a quick staining and there are ready to go!

wil22.gif

Well we did it and had a great time! :huh:

We joined up with the Exchange Club which had a Pirate ship float crewed by a local Girl Scout Troop. I was asked a couple of times to have me picture taken with a few youngin's as I passed out me chocolate coins. :huh:

Sorry to report though that I put me wife in charge of taking a few pictures which she did not. :huh:

She never was much fer taking pictures, oh well. :huh:

:huh:

wil22.gif

• 2 weeks later...