Is Disney's POTC ride cd worth the $?

Captain Tito

Well mateys it seems the Disney has a cd out now that is like the "soundtrack" of the Pirates of The Caribbean ride.

It has sound bites from the ride and some interview stuff with Walt etc..

I've seen it available at Laughing Place.com and I'm sure the parks have it too.

But the price I've seen of over $30 makes me wary o'buyin it.

Is it REALLY worth that much for 1cd albeit such a kewl ride?

Is Disney rakin us again, or is it a wise expenditure?

Any o'you mateys have this cd?

Let me in on it if'n ye do. :blink:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

It's awesome! I'm kicking meself for not buying it at Disneyland. My guyfriend bought it back in 2002 when I joined him with his whole entire family. We played it on the way home and it is simply awesome! It also is a little less in price if you buy at the Pirate store there at Disneyland. I told meself that upon next visit I'd buy me own copy. Well, went again last month with me sister and Captain Morgan and just forgot. Was even in the same store, but was busy showing things around to Disneyland newbie Josh. Argh! Well, one day I'll get me hands on it!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It be worth it, mate.

Not only does it have the entire soundtrack for the ride, there are different versions of the song (earlier trials) and the music you hear while waiting in line - one for the Disneyland ride and one for the Disneyworld ride.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well mateys, I be one crazy person! My sister, mom and I did one hell of a spur of the moment this Halloween! The day started off normal. The 3 of us decided to go to this Day of the Dead festival by the beach. Afterward we went along the coast highway. We kept going and ended up in Anaheim. For the hell of it, we decided to go to both Disneyland and California Adventure. Did the park hopper thing. And what an awesome time we had too! Very strange, but fun Halloween this was! And yes, I bought the cd. No way would I pass it up this time. BTW, it be cheaper than on the website. Only $20. If any of ye can get to the theme parks buy it from there. Also, there's a Haunted Mansion one too with everything from the attraction. Both were great finds! I also bought me a pirate ball antena. Saw that and just had to have it! Gee, my birthday is coming up next Saturday. I keep buying meself gifts, no one will be able to get me anything. I keep getting me own stuff-lol! Ahhhh....*big sigh* What a great weekend this was, Ren Faire on Saturday and Disneyland on Sunday. And now I'm going to pass out...... :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I've also been wanting to buy it, but when it comes to piratey stuff, especially PotC, I've gotta have it, no matter the price!

Me friend's go' some o' the tracks on his MP3 (A real Disneyland whore!) and they're simply the coolest things ever. Ye'll hear versions of the ride that ye've never heard before, and ye will hear the famous "Pirate's Life" in context of the music for the entire ride! Atmospheric music 'n all.

It's stuff ye won't find anywhere else, I say it's worth it, too!

Also, there be CDs at the Disneyland music store on the right side on Main Street (if you're enterin' the park) that has jus' about every CD the park makes and more. There be one CD in pa'ticular that has the ride soundtracks for every ride at the park, including PotC, Space Mountain, Star Tours, and others. This CD is definetly worth the price and it's really amazin'!

QUOTE (Captain Wolfy Wench @ Nov 1 2004, 05:28 PM)

(A real Disneyland whore!) 

Huh???

What?????

You know, Eisner wanted Main St. USA to be just like alot of today's American cities. So why not include the world's oldest profession? :lol:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>