The Dawdler

Jolie Rouge

The Dawdler, built in Wilmington CA 1928. Gaff rigged, bald headed schooner. 28' on deck, 36' sparred, 10' abeam (which be damn beamy fer somethin so small). Aven't taken note of her sail area yet, but she sports a bit: jib, gaff fore, gaff main, fisherman (an' if ya know yer schooners, she also has a gollywobbler fisherman almost the size o' the fore, and main tagether). Steerage is tiller, Wheels is fer lubbers. Word's come down from the old salts that afore she was neglected fer about three decades she was damn fast, and she will be again by the powers. Got her from a drunken bos'un fer a song ta boot.

note: these pics were taken from me mates camera phone so there not that good.

DawdlerBow_edited.jpg

She 'as a clipper bow which ye can't quite see 'ere.

JesseonDawdler_edited.jpg

Some fool back in the seventies decided she needed a fiberglass coat on the deck (hence the blue cockpit). That'll be goin back ta canvas n' paint soon as possible seein' that the deck leaks because o' it. An' if be you who did it, an' yer readin this, when I find ya I'm puttin yer eyes out wit me spike.

I'll post bigger better pics as the project progresses

Jolie Rouge., Cheers to you .,fillin yer tankard with a congrats on yer new found love (Vessel). :huh:

:huh: HarborMaster :huh:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"