Ice Pirates

Mr_Scabbs

Garr...so me quartermate was all witchin' bout wantin' to rent a movie. So we decided to go to the video store, and he gets some old 80s film called "Ice Pirates". Never saw it before in my life, but the word "pirates" made me interested. Horrible, horrible film. Anyone else ever see this movie???

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

Mr. Scabbs... Yeah, I've seen this movie several times. We've talked about it here on the board a long while ago. Different folks have different opinions. I was never much of a fan of this flick. Some people thought it was a fun movie. It actually is fun for me when we have a lot of people over to watch it together and make fun of it. But, thats just me. If you want to see another movie thats pretty bad, but can be fun to watch anyway, see...... Captain Kidd... staring Charles Laughton.. I hoped I spelled that right. I found this one at a nearby store for 2dollars. Watch it and you'll know why.... have fun... The Capt.

I disagree. It was designed to be a parody of the space epics of its time - it wasn't meant to be serious. And as parody, it works pretty well. Does anyone really think the Space Herpie was serious art? Besides, Anjelica Houston's boots alone are worth watching the movie - now that's some pretty "hip" pirate boots. Best watched with a couple bottles of wine in ya!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Watcher yer tongues mates! I loves me some Ice Pirates!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

ARRRGHHH!!! I hasn't been ashore here at thee pub fer quite some time....but has ta say thee "Ice Pirates" Giant Afros be Timeless!!!

Me own movie will be available soon fer X-Mas... I decides ta let me lawyer rest & has changed thee name from "Pirate of the Caribbean in Scurvy Dog's Pieces of Eight" ta "Pirate Scurvy Dog's Pieces of Eight" I knows that Disney can not hold ta thee name of "Pirates of the Caribbean" cause first off, a title cannot be copywritten, lastly they be historical figures... but thee Distributors & lawyers be Yella Bellied Bildge Rats... so anyways... I thinks ye will be wantin' ta add it ta yer Pirate Movie Library... I be Given a Holler when it be available... Fer now, Fare Thee Well me Lovelys & Buckos!

• 3 months later...

I was trolling through old posts and found this thread gem.

The movie is now available in DVD!

I actually liked this movie... as Hurricane said it was a spoof on Space movies. I liked it alot better than Spaceballs.....

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!