Pyrate Ink

Pynch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, tis my own design. I specialize in custom work and plan to have a sheet of Pirate flash (the stuff that you see all over a tattoo studio to choose from) available soon.

*WHEW* what a relief!!!

Fer a minute, I thought that the first pic was yer arm!

Fine work, indeed, lass.

What a talented bunch o' pirates we have in the pub!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Wid all dis talk o' tatooin' and da FINE examples of said work, I be wonderin' wot's in store fer me! li'l miss Pynch O' Salt?

MMmmwwhwaaahahahahahhahaha....

::twirls her fake moustache with inky fingers::

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

Damn, to think I used to live in Maryland and, I have a real itch for more ink. Oh well, I've still got a mate or two up that way so it might be about time for a visit. Can't wait to see more of your work.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Pynch, me compliments to yer fine artistry. The artist I use here locally can more than likely agree with you on getting to ink something that is not the same ol', same ol'. I brought him my own pyratical design and when he finished.....five hours later....he actually thanked me for letting him do the work. Said it was a nice break from the Frat and Sorority stuff he ussually had to put up with. I am working on another design to cover up some old line work I had done years back. John will be the one to do it. You find a good artist and you stay with them.

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

That is so awesome, Pynch.

Your design is absolutely AMAZING, your fine artistry and taste for designs is fabulous!! If you were in me area, I'd come to you fer me tat! I don't like a lot of tattoo artists becuase they don't do much else but copy designs... I like to see the tat artists that are good artists, too!

Fer a minute, I thought that the first pic was yer arm!

Strangely 'nuff Nigel, I only have a few...none visible without me actually *wantin* tae show ye.

I agree...this is one talented crew!

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Pynch, me compliments to yer fine artistry. The artist I use here locally can more than likely agree with you on getting to ink something that is not the same ol', same ol'. I brought him my own pyratical design and when he finished.....five hours later....he actually thanked me for letting him do the work. Said it was a nice break from the Frat and Sorority stuff he ussually had to put up with. I am working on another design to cover up some old line work I had done years back. John will be the one to do it. You find a good artist and you stay with them.

I thank ye Crimsoncrow and aye...finding a good artist is a wonderous thing. I agree wi'yers....there's nothing like a body trusting ye to apply a meaningful, well wrought and permanent design on 'em. I usually give a price break with the work is something I enjoy doing. Sounds tae me like ye've got a fine inker working wi'ye.

I'd love tae see yer work if ye've got a pic.

:lol:

::puts on her computer geek hat, the tricorn with the crossed cutlasses under the apple::

Okay, when you click "reply" and the window where you type your reply pops up, above it there are several buttons you can click to change your font, add a link nd the like. If you click the IMG button, you'll be prompted to enter the URL where your image exists. In other words, your image has to be hosted on another site to be able to post it here.

I post mine in PhotoBucket, since it's free and keeps my own bandwidth open.

hope that helps.

::removes her "Capn' Mac" hat and shuffles off to her hammock with a mouthful of halloween candy::

g'nite!

I thank ye Crimsoncrow and aye...finding a good artist is a wonderous thing. I agree wi'yers....there's nothing like a body trusting ye to apply a meaningful, well wrought and permanent design on 'em. I usually give a price break with the work is something I enjoy doing. Sounds tae me like ye've got a fine inker working wi'ye.

I'd love tae see yer work if ye've got a pic.

:lol:

As far as price breaks go, my inker never said anything, buuuuut, I think it was the, case none the less. When I took him the design, originally, I was bracing for a four or five hundred dollar tab.....He said he would do it for two. I tipped him handsomely after it was finished. He was all grinz while he was inking it. (I did notice some original work of his on the wall by his station.....pyrate stuff......Hmmmmm)

I'll have to get a picture of it.......May be a wee bit, though. I am still in the stone age with a regular film camera, so I will have to finish and develope another roll. I'll send it your way, once I do. :lol:

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

As far as price breaks go, my inker never said anything, buuuuut, I think it was the, case none the less. When I took him the design, originally, I was bracing for a four or five hundred dollar tab.....He said he would do it for two. I tipped him handsomely after it was finished. He was all grinz while he was inking it. (I did notice some original work of his on the wall by his station.....pyrate stuff......Hmmmmm)

200 dollars for five hours o work, oh aye...yer artist cut ye a HUGE break! :)

And bless yer salty l'il heart fer tipping...cheap B*stards round here NEVER tip, cept fer one, who did so by bringing back a gallon of Sauza and a nice bottle of Red Zinfandel.

If'n ye ever find yerself in oklahoma... we'll kidnap ye and take ye to a place where ye'll be plied with more alcohol than ye could possibly drink... Either that, or I'll save some of the special rum fer ye that some o' me crew brings back from Costa Rica e'ry year... But ye'll get a tip one way r' another...

I am also thinking of using the symbol as my logo... I make muscle balm and brew mead and stuff like that...

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

200 dollars for five hours o work, oh aye...yer artist cut ye a HUGE break! :)

And bless yer salty l'il heart fer tipping...cheap B*stards round here NEVER tip, cept fer one, who did so by bringing back a gallon of Sauza and a nice bottle of Red Zinfandel.

Aye, I have to agree. Well worth $500 as far as I am concerned. As far as tipping goes, tis a shame that yer clientle be w'out manners or appreciation. I have three inkings and tipped on each one. You should hang a plank stating:

All that leave this deck without leaving gratuity shall be drawn and quartered.......Captain's orders :ph34r:

Unfortunately it ain't a tip if it be compulsory. I've tipped for all me tats, and also been cut good deals for it being something of my own. But a few years back, my trusted artist became born again, and last time I went to talk to him, I recieved a lecture on my religious morals. A bit of a shock since I wanted to consult about some new work...

The Duchess

Ah well, I chalk it up as a hazard of the port in which I ply my trade. Not exactly the best of locales and the natives are an uneducated lot. Those coming in from far away lands are a bit more savvy, but they're few an' far between.

To compensate me empty pockets, I'm sure to charge em in blood fer original works up front. No sense in this little pyrate lass goin' round wi' holes in her boots, eh?

Duchess, I agree...(although I love crimsoncrow's idea of a sign!), it's got tae be given freely, not ordered. As fer yer artists use of his shop as a pulpit...tis' a shame.

• 2 weeks later...
Wid all dis talk o' tatooin' and da FINE examples of said work, I be wonderin' wot's in store fer me!  li'l miss Pynch O' Salt?

MMmmwwhwaaahahahahahhahaha....

::twirls her fake moustache with inky fingers::

Are ye toying wit me Pynch? I do so love ta be toyed wit ;)

Oh ye've got a bit of ink in yer mustache ;)

Are ye toying wit me Pynch? I do so love ta be toyed wit :D

Oh ye've got a bit of ink in yer mustache :lol:

::hides the fuzzy lobster toy on a stick behind her back and wipes off her moustache::

Oh soon, my friend...your art debuts within the week...

• 4 weeks later...

OH MY GAWD!!!!

It looks great Cap'n Mac...even blurrylike! I tip my hat wi' inky fingers to yer artist and I'm flattered that ye'd take my design to yer skin for life.

I hope yer half as pleased as I am.

:ph34r:

By the way... I posted that picture 10 minutes after the needle stopped...

I told ye it was perfect when ye drew it fer me! I *did* downsize it to 75% of it's original size, but it turned out perfect, imo... Thanky, and yes, I am quite pleased with it :ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Heh...yep, I tend tae draw big. :)

Where'd ye end up placing it?

On my left upper arm... only place it felt right really.

My wife's cousin is a proffessional artist, with a proffessional setup... he's just kind of in limbo since he lives here in oklahoma.

It was cool... My last tattoo was an armband on the other arm, and it was done with a gun that I built... it was a good gun for homemade, but it hurt like hell. This one was just mildly annoying

:ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg