Any pirates in New Orleans?

Toe Cutter

New Orleans be me wifes home port, and we tries ta make it down there once a year so she can visit wit relatives. If there be some pirate activities goin on down there that might be a good reason fer her ta see some kin folk, an us ta do some pirate stuff.

:D

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif

now thats one port i have always wanted to visit

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Me mum's family hails from Jefferson Parish and my plot to move there is comin' to fruition...I'll be house huntin' in two weekends from now! Dockin' there permanantly is a few years off, but the residence is a first step.

I did find this:

http://www.neworleansgetaways.com/jolly_rover.htm

Not exactly period/fest/faire fun, but hey, it's a day on the water with drinks!

Once I get there...I promise, I'll start *something*.

:ph34r::lol::lol:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

I'm prolly not of much help....but me husband and I do be makin our way there at times too since most of his kin are thar. We tend to plan this rather conviently around Mardi Gras time though, so the kin can keep the lil' pirate lass. This year we'll be headin down around the time of Easter for the crawfish boils. If this be the time you are headin send up yer flag or do the modern thing and send me an email. ;)

Well, right pleased I be to hear about sech interest in me home port! Yes, I've been docked here for many years; the Pyrate Queen joined me crew as First Mate some years back, and here we be.

Pirate activities here? Well, every Mardi Gras Jan and I dress as such and join in the revelry on Bourbon Street. Two days before that is the Bacchus Parade, which passes about 10 paces from my porthole, and we always have a shipload of guests for the party: pirate garb optional.

There's a tall ship here, the Jolly Roger, which I'm ashamed to admit we've not found time to sail on (it just goes around the lake).

Jan and I are in training to be Baratarian (Jean Laffite's crew) cannoneers at the Battle of New Orleans reenactment next January.

Anything there that might interest ye? ;)

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 2 weeks later...

::does a little happy jig on deck::

Ah...by this time tomorrow, I'll be lookin' at places tae hang me hat and enjoyin a drink or two (or three or four) along the way.

Look out Cresent City...I'm making port!

:lol:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

I do enjoy New Orleans , have a drink er two fer me. :ph34r:

::holds her aching head::

Ugh...I think I had a round for all of ye.

Although there was much work to do, I managed to sneak in a few BOWLS of grog here an there.

:ph34r: