Peter and the Starcatchers

Lady Sakura

Peter and the Starcatchers is a new book written by Dave Berry and Ridly Pearson. It's a book brought on by a question Ridly's daughter had, "How did Peter Pan become Peter Pan?"

The two journalists came together and, after many emails and long nights, came up with this book.

A funny quote: "AVAST THE MAIN MIZON!"

It's actually recomended for kids 10 and up, but there's quite a few bits o' adult humor... :D

I've only read about half of it, and I'm having trouble not laughing out loud on the bus... Or at home... Or in class... :D

*Sakura's edit* Here's the link to the official site: Yarr!

You go in fill out an application gives them I think $50.00 for the first year ($45.00 therafter) and you gets a card. I'm single and I still find uses for that card. They have the best gas prices around and when I buy breakfast sausage for PRP encampments I get it there. Also good beer prices. It does come in handy. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aye, I got that book at Sam's Club last month and am reading it now. It may be a kid's book, but I am really enjoying it. My son is 16 and is wanting to read it too, but I think he is going to have to sign a paper saying he will replace it if anything happens to it! :ph34r:

I've read the book...and I love Dave Barry...but I've said this before on Hook/Pan related topics before...and I'll say it again...

DEATH TER PETER PAN!!

Sorry...me non-pirate name be Peter too...and e'en when I were a little urchin, I hated the leaf wearin' cannibal.

But that's just me. :lol:

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

At parts?

;)

At least Hook admits he's a scoundrel...Pan kidnaps innocent children and yanks them off to Neverland where they face terrible perils all for HIS enjoyment (that, plus the leaf-wearin' kid has got some serious abandonment issues...I've never met such a mama's boy in all my life...I mean...Wendy's supposedly his squeeze, and he's got a cluster of "Lord of the Flies" rejects going along with him to call her "mother"?)

Good lord!

Long live Captain Jas. Hook!

Sorry...I'm off my soapbox now... :-)

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"