Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

i've been lookin for that mp3 for months!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

We're not all cyber pirates around here. Many of us prefer honest steel, good powder, and real wood and canvas. Not everyone here has the chance, but many do and most would prefer it. Living the pirate fantasy just in front of a screen is not enough, and we live the real life whenever we can; sun, rain, dirt, pain and all.

There are a lot of people on this board who have enough computer literacy to talk to each other here and that's enough. Don't talk down to those who are not as computer literate as yourself.

Given the choice, I'll take my knowldege of wind, wave, and steel over keyboard knowledge any day.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Aye Hawkyns I agree with ye the cyber stuff is not enough. If I had the chance ,the time, or the money I would like to do Re-inacting. I only chance I get to be a pirate wrench is when the ren fests come up and my sister MadWoman Cheryl Halloween parties. Oh the fun we have.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

I gotta agree with you Hawkins, I am a computer "geek" by profession, but I would gladly throw it all away to enjoy a more simple life of the ocean, "weathering" the elements, looking up to a night sky full of stars so bright you can make out the milky way, and falling to sleep to the rocking of a ship/boat. The knowledge that is required to "run a ship" or boat (navigation, charts, rigging, sails, etc) is not something that is not easily learned, and does take alot of education by actually experiencing the events. Books can only teach so much, but just like anything else, it takes experience to actually be a master of the subject. Although the days of the Golden Era are long gone, there are those who want to "learn the ropes" of what it would have been like to handle a ship powered only by the winds in the sails, your hands raw or calloused from hauling on the lines, your arms and back aching from hauling on the lines, where you are at the mercy of mother nature where you have no control. Do you know they found the skeleton of a sailor that was in Cromwell's army, and by the bones that found the man had the body of a trapeze artist? He had a hip condition that was from jumping around six feet? And at the early age of around 22-25 the man already had arthritis? It wasn't an easy job or life to be aloft in the rigging.

Being a computer geek is nice, but to be able to look up at the clouds, the way the birds fly, the way the sails are hanging and know that you are soon going to need to change tack or change sails is a knowledge that I envy of those who have it.

And Z, I wouldn't advise to posting information regarding pirating of music on a public website.

I gotta agree with you Hawkins, I am a computer "geek" by profession, but I would gladly throw it all away to enjoy a more simple life of the ocean, "weathering" the elements, looking up to a night sky full of stars so bright you can make out the milky way, and falling to sleep to the rocking of a ship/boat. The knowledge that is required to "run a ship" or boat (navigation, charts, rigging, sails, etc) is not something that is not easily learned, and does take alot of education by actually experiencing the events. Books can only teach so much, but just like anything else, it takes experience to actually be a master of the subject. Although the days of the Golden Era are long gone, there are those who want to "learn the ropes" of what it would have been like to handle a ship powered only by the winds in the sails, your hands raw or calloused from hauling on the lines, your arms and back aching from hauling on the lines, where you are at the mercy of mother nature where you have no control. Do you know they found the skeleton of a sailor that was in Cromwell's army, and by the bones that found the man had the body of a trapeze artist? He had a hip condition that was from jumping around six feet? And at the early age of around 22-25 the man already had arthritis? It wasn't an easy job or life to be aloft in the rigging.

Being a computer geek is nice, but to be able to look up at the clouds, the way the birds fly, the way the sails are hanging and know that you are soon going to need to change tack or change sails is a knowledge that I envy of those who have it.

And Z, I wouldn't advise to posting information regarding pirating of music on a public website.

D'you realize what a literary field day you could have wi' that?

The best is knowin' both worlds so's ye can appreciate both. Although I confess that I do not have enough experience wi the real end o' it. But the condition o' bein' a wannabe pirate who wants as close to the real thing as she can get while still furtherin' that seemin'ly necessary thing nowadays known as a college degree IS possible...

:ph34r: capt z you never can pass up a chanse to anoy me... And i do agree with Hawkins the computer is nice but i'd rather be in the water or down by the beach.

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

:ph34r: *big sigh* I really try to befriend ya molly, im sorry....

grrr, alright maties me wonts be sayin no more bouts cyber pyracy

if ye be talken to me its mary not molly

But why is the rum gone?

I do apologize to ye z i just have a very short fuse lately what with me birthday coming up and father continuously blaring on about how i dont know anything

But why is the rum gone?

Thanks again z... :lol:

But why is the rum gone?

• 2 months later...

I found this song and am particularly fond of it:

Do Virgins Taste Better

words by Randy Farran, music traditional

A dragon has come to our village today.

We've asked him to leave, but he won't go away.

Now he's talked to our king and they worked out a deal.

No homes will he burn and no crops will he steal.

Now there is but one catch, we dislike it a bunch.

Twice a year he invites him a virgin to lunch.

Well, we've no other choice, so the deal we'll respect.

But we can't help but wonder and pause to reflect.

Do virgins taste better than those who are not?

Are they salty, or sweeter, more juicy or what?

Do you savor them slowly? Gulp them down on the spot?

Do virgins taste better than those who are not?

Now we'd like to be shed you, and many have tried.

But no one can get through your thick scaly hide.

We hope that some day, some brave knight will come by.

'Cause we can't wait around 'til you're too fat to fly.

Now you have such good taste in your women for sure,

They always are pretty, they always are pure.

But your notion of dining, it makes us all flinch,

For your favorite entree is barbecued wench.

Now we've found a solution, it works out so neat,

If you insist on nothing but virgins to eat.

No more will our number ever grow small,

We'll simply make sure there's no virgins at all!

KEY C

verse/chorus:

C F C G C

Background: Fantastic parody of the Irish Washerwoman. The song quickly became a hit among filkers and Rennies. Now, we've taken it one step further, out into the world of MP3.com, where it has been in the Comedy Top 20 consistently since January 2001!

B) :) B)