finally got me cutlass

Misery

:ph34r: aye I finally got a pig sticker of my very own. I wanted a cutlass that looked more realistic than most of those gold and silver ones that depict a pirate ship or a skull because HOW OFTEN DID A PIRATE GET HIS SWORD MADE? almost never! it was stolen of a merchant or miltary vessel and therefore would be very plain. any ways enough gab heres the store i got it from

http://www.iloveswords.com/PIR_cutlass.html

Now if only my flintlock wasn't on backorder :huh:

Tis a real bute of a sword i hope ye enjoys it

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Nice... I've been thinking of getting one of those, save for that little "not battle worthy" thing... tsk tsk. Ah well, still a pretty piece for the price, but I likes a sword that'll cut'n rip if need be.

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

MAC if you do get one i should have warned you will need some time an metal polish because the plant in india :ph34r: is using the wrong oil or something and it came to me with a alot of lightsurface rust :ph34r: but a good metal polish and anhour will do wonders trust me

Well....no. shiny is not correct. clean and sharp, yes, but not shiny. With the facilities and materials available aboard ship, the best you will get is a dull satin finish. Polishing was done with a cloth soaked in oil and brick dust or fine sand. The multiple polishings and the time involved would not be practical while at sea, never mind the problem of just keeping the rust down in a saltwater environment.

it's one of my big hot buttons, all the chrome and mirror finished blades that come from the repro companies, especially Museum Reps.

I've played with a cutlass like yours, Misery. Nice blade, fair balance, and more authentic looking than most. Ya got a good piece, mate!

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

When I cleaned my blade i used automotive metal pollishes from work and left out the last polish so it like hawkins said is a nice satin finish. I too have that button. mirror finish is wrong and most replicas depict pirate scenes on the guard which is way off because most of them were stolen of merchant or naval vessels.

Cascabel thankyou for your insight i was alredy contimplating that as its already poked me once and Ive recently put 150 to 175 into a new coat (mostly expensive a** trim) so i need to keep my investment protected. Ill have to take it to work and have our body guy tinker with that guard point a bit. or mabey it wont be so bad on the baldric since i wont be hanging it from my belt

good looking Blade mate..., did it come with a leather sheath?., I didnt see a mention of one in the web link

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

No it didnt but i would have thrown it away anyways. Im blessed to have a master leather worker as a father and a seamstress as a mother.

Still kinda wondering how a gear head like me came from those two.